Re: [NTO] need elementary virus explanation

  • Fay
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2003
      Bugbear
      It came to me in Eudora too, but I have Vet running all the time and it
      jumped on it straight away.
      Since using Eudora I've not been opening Mailwasher before downloading mail.
      Now I shall. Mailwasher usually sees these things before they can be
      downloaded.
      I don't think you could ever say it's OK not to have an active AV.
      --
      Cheers,
      Fay

      see my page at
      http://fay.iniminimo.com/
    • jorma.oksanen@aina.fi
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2003
        On 10 Jun 2003 at 8:38, Dean Martineau wrote:

        > was told by somebody in my Eudora address book that I had sent him
        > the virus.

        Some virii (sp?) fake sender address with address taken from address
        book, so the virus may have been sent by anyone who has *your* address
        stored. Without full message headers it's impossible to tell if that's
        the case in your situation.

        Jorma