Proxmitron and and other random stuff (was: The magnificant Status Bar)

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2003
      Hi Laurie:
      Don't scream! Its me again ... (the subject s/b come up ok this time - and
      Jody I've moved this to Offtopic where it should probably quickly die ;-)

      > If this Prox...whatever spam filter software is being
      > used and it automatically alters the subject to any reply
      > a user of that software sends to include this ...<<

      > a webpage with oriential characters and ..

      As I'd tried to say in the off-topic post when I initially incurred your ire
      <grin> Proxomitron has nothing at all to do with email or spam per-se, its a
      method for altering what gets displayed in your *browser* when you vist
      web-sites. It can alter formats, remove banners, prevent sites from
      displaying at all, block popups, everything but do the dishes after dinner.
      I'd brought it up in a discussion about other useful programs - nothing
      specifically Notetabish except insofar as the changes it can make to HTML.
      .... The Proxo site is down because the author of the program has gone
      walkabout ... but the program is still widely available.

      > ????chiropterophilous == 'bat', the furry little night creature.
      A lame reference to lovers of theBat email program who's threading
      capabilies are much stronger than in OutLook - they've told me before they
      don't like it when I (or others) accidentally trash the subject line ...

      Larry said ... > I have the filters set for the others to send them to
      their mailvoxes. I leave these mailboxes open and when I receive mail, I
      know that anything in them is from the list. I never delete anything from
      these boxes <

      I do almost the same thing but take it one step further ... I have OE-Rules
      but each forums messages in separate in-boxes and I've read each folders
      current messages move them all to permanent archival folders.

      Regards ... Alec