Re: Proxomitron (was: [NTO] Re: File managers)

  • ladyck3@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 5, 2003
      From Alec

      > What's with all this fancy SUBJECT RENAMING stuff?

      Apologies Laurie. I meant to stick "Proxomitron (was: ... " in after [NTO]
      instead of before it in which case the subject would have come out as:
      [NTO] Proxomitron (was:Re: File managers) or would you prefer it got sent
      as a totally new Subject? I thought the chiropterophilous amongst us
      prefered to keep messages in the same thread even when the principal focus
      changes

      Regards ... Alec

      ===========================

      ????chiropterophilous Dictionary.com has no idea what this is, so I'm a
      bit at a loss... call me ignorant.....

      I may or may not be chiropterophilous, cuz I'm not sure what it is.... but
      what is this Proxomitron? Why does it appear in the subject in the first
      place? I'm totally puzzled... and if its related to some service or
      program you are using to reply to email, why included it in a Notetab
      discussion?

      Just trying to understand.....

      Laurie

      http://mail2web.com/ .
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 5, 2003
        ladyck3@... wrote:

        > > From Alec
        >

        > > What's with all this fancy SUBJECT RENAMING stuff?
        >

        > Apologies Laurie. I meant to stick "Proxomitron

        > I thought the chiropterophilous
        >
        > Regards ... Alec
        >
        > ===========================
        >
        > ????chiropterophilous Dictionary.com has no idea what this is, so
        I'm a
        > bit at a loss... call me ignorant.....
        >
        > I may or may not be chiropterophilous, cuz I'm not sure what it
        is.... >Just trying to understand.....

        > Laurie

        Hi Laurie,

        Try Dictionary.com again and look for 'bat', the furry little night
        creature.

        On the message subject line, I see your point, but Alec said he erred,
        it can happen to us all.

        For filters, EVERYTHING that I think there is a very good chance I'll
        keep, such as all the Fookes lists, friends, family and several other
        tips lists, has a filter set up to send it directly to its folder.

        This way I don't have to worry about moving or deleting it, just go to
        the particular folder and read it. Sometime later I'll MailBag these
        and delete at that time.

        hrs
      • ladyck3@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 5, 2003
          From: hsavage hsavage@...
          You wrote....

          >Hi Laurie,

          >Try Dictionary.com again and look for 'bat', the furry little night
          >creature.

          Who you calling a furry little night creature, HRS? huh? Dems is
          fightin' words! hehehehe

          I had to chuckle when I saw that... thank heavens I was able to, had this
          been seen yesterday, I would have been a basket case.. not PMS, but empty
          next syndrome and have not been able to handle ANYTHING lately but I'm all
          better today... THANK GOD! and I mean that in all reverence!

          Maybe I am being too touchy about it all... but I still don't get it...
          like I said... I'll just let it pass and chalk it up to just being me
          again... dangit!

          http://mail2web.com/ .
        • ladyck3@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2003
            From: hsavage hsavage@...
            You wrote....

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2003
              ladyck3@... wrote:

              > From: hsavage hsavage@...
              > You wrote....
              >

              > Hi Laurie,
              >

              > > Try Dictionary.com again and look for 'bat', the furry little night
              creature.

              > Who you calling a furry little night creature, HRS? huh? Dems is
              > fightin' words! hehehehe
              >
              > I had to chuckle when I saw that... thank heavens I was able to, had this
              > been seen yesterday, I would have been a basket case.. not PMS, but empty
              > next syndrome and have not been able to handle ANYTHING lately but
              I'm all
              > better today... THANK GOD! and I mean that in all reverence!
              >

              > Maybe I am being too touchy about it all... but I still don't get it...
              > like I said... I'll just let it pass and chalk it up to just being me
              > again... dangit!

              Laurie,

              Glad to be of assistance 8-)

              hrs