Re: [NTO] Free Anti-Virus Package

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2003
      Hi Brian:

      I was interested in your Avast! suggestion as I'd never heard of it before.

      After Googling I see its been around for a while ...

      Near the top of the Google groups query was this thread (31 posts) from
      alt.comp.freeware (15-Mar-2003). After reading it I'm not sure I see a
      strong reason to switch from AVG. (I don't run auto-detect anyway - just
      scan the odd download if I'm not too sure about whence it came). If you're
      dealing with a multi-user network where the users aren't neccessarily to
      careful it may make alot more sense.

      btw: are you intending to purchase a multi-user Pro version or just use the
      free-Home version for your own use?

      while I think of it I guess I should go and update my AVG - its been about a
      month. see ya later.

      Regards ... Alec