Re: Proxomitron (was: [NTO] Re: File managers)

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4, 2003
      > What's with all this fancy SUBJECT RENAMING stuff?

      Apologies Laurie. I meant to stick "Proxomitron (was: ... " in after [NTO]
      instead of before it in which case the subject would have come out as:
      [NTO] Proxomitron (was:Re: File managers) or would you prefer it got sent
      as a totally new Subject? I thought the chiropterophilous amongst us
      prefered to keep messages in the same thread even when the principal focus
      changes

      Regards ... Alec
      --

        > What's with all this fancy SUBJECT RENAMING stuff?

        Apologies Laurie. I meant to stick "Proxomitron (was: ... " in after [NTO]
        instead of before it in which case the subject would have come out as:
        [NTO] Proxomitron (was:Re: File managers) or would you prefer it got sent
        as a totally new Subject? I thought the chiropterophilous amongst us
        prefered to keep messages in the same thread even when the principal focus
        changes

        Regards ... Alec

        ===========================

        ????chiropterophilous Dictionary.com has no idea what this is, so I'm a
        bit at a loss... call me ignorant.....

        I may or may not be chiropterophilous, cuz I'm not sure what it is.... but
        what is this Proxomitron? Why does it appear in the subject in the first
        place? I'm totally puzzled... and if its related to some service or
        program you are using to reply to email, why included it in a Notetab
        discussion?

        Just trying to understand.....

        Laurie

        http://mail2web.com/ .
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 5, 2003
          ladyck3@... wrote:

          > > From Alec
          >

          > > What's with all this fancy SUBJECT RENAMING stuff?
          >

          > Apologies Laurie. I meant to stick "Proxomitron

          > I thought the chiropterophilous
          >
          > Regards ... Alec
          >
          > ===========================
          >
          > ????chiropterophilous Dictionary.com has no idea what this is, so
          I'm a
          > bit at a loss... call me ignorant.....
          >
          > I may or may not be chiropterophilous, cuz I'm not sure what it
          is.... >Just trying to understand.....

          > Laurie

          Hi Laurie,

          Try Dictionary.com again and look for 'bat', the furry little night
          creature.

          On the message subject line, I see your point, but Alec said he erred,
          it can happen to us all.

          For filters, EVERYTHING that I think there is a very good chance I'll
          keep, such as all the Fookes lists, friends, family and several other
          tips lists, has a filter set up to send it directly to its folder.

          This way I don't have to worry about moving or deleting it, just go to
          the particular folder and read it. Sometime later I'll MailBag these
          and delete at that time.

          hrs
        • ladyck3@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2003
            From: hsavage hsavage@...
            You wrote....

            >Hi Laurie,

            >Try Dictionary.com again and look for 'bat', the furry little night
            >creature.

            Who you calling a furry little night creature, HRS? huh? Dems is
            fightin' words! hehehehe

            I had to chuckle when I saw that... thank heavens I was able to, had this
            been seen yesterday, I would have been a basket case.. not PMS, but empty
            next syndrome and have not been able to handle ANYTHING lately but I'm all
            better today... THANK GOD! and I mean that in all reverence!

            Maybe I am being too touchy about it all... but I still don't get it...
            like I said... I'll just let it pass and chalk it up to just being me
            again... dangit!

            http://mail2web.com/ .
          • ladyck3@earthlink.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2003
              From: hsavage hsavage@...
              You wrote....

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 5, 2003
                ladyck3@... wrote:

                > From: hsavage hsavage@...
                > You wrote....
                >

                > Hi Laurie,
                >

                > > Try Dictionary.com again and look for 'bat', the furry little night
                creature.

                > Who you calling a furry little night creature, HRS? huh? Dems is
                > fightin' words! hehehehe
                >
                > I had to chuckle when I saw that... thank heavens I was able to, had this
                > been seen yesterday, I would have been a basket case.. not PMS, but empty
                > next syndrome and have not been able to handle ANYTHING lately but
                I'm all
                > better today... THANK GOD! and I mean that in all reverence!
                >

                > Maybe I am being too touchy about it all... but I still don't get it...
                > like I said... I'll just let it pass and chalk it up to just being me
                > again... dangit!

                Laurie,

                Glad to be of assistance 8-)

                hrs