Proxomitron (was: [NTO] Re: File managers)

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4, 2003
      Ahhh, thanks again but this one is no surprise to me Alec.. I've been a Pr=
      oxomitron user for at least 2 years now, and I agree with you.. The combina=
      tion of the Proxomitron filter and NetCaptor has totally eliminated pretty m=
      uch all annoyances for me on the internet...

      John

    • LaurieK
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 4, 2003
        Subject: Proxomitron (was: [NTO] Re: File managers)

        What's with all this fancy SUBJECT RENAMING stuff?

        The subject above is just one in a long line of recently 'fancy edited'
        subject lines.... I like my messages showing [NTO] or [NTB] without all the
        preceeding stuff... how come everyone is doing this now? Please stop.
        PLEASE?

        And what does it mean??? Proxomitron(was NTO) I mean really, isn't it still
        an NTO subject?

        No need for fancy ideas when the original works just fine....

        Laurie
        <aka cranky old lady...> if yer so inclined to think so.

        Geesh....If it ain't broke, why the heck fix it?
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 4, 2003
          > What's with all this fancy SUBJECT RENAMING stuff?

          Apologies Laurie. I meant to stick "Proxomitron (was: ... " in after [NTO]
          instead of before it in which case the subject would have come out as:
          [NTO] Proxomitron (was:Re: File managers) or would you prefer it got sent
          as a totally new Subject? I thought the chiropterophilous amongst us
          prefered to keep messages in the same thread even when the principal focus
          changes

          Regards ... Alec
          --

            > What's with all this fancy SUBJECT RENAMING stuff?

            Apologies Laurie. I meant to stick "Proxomitron (was: ... " in after [NTO]
            instead of before it in which case the subject would have come out as:
            [NTO] Proxomitron (was:Re: File managers) or would you prefer it got sent
            as a totally new Subject? I thought the chiropterophilous amongst us
            prefered to keep messages in the same thread even when the principal focus
            changes

            Regards ... Alec

            ===========================

            ????chiropterophilous Dictionary.com has no idea what this is, so I'm a
            bit at a loss... call me ignorant.....

            I may or may not be chiropterophilous, cuz I'm not sure what it is.... but
            what is this Proxomitron? Why does it appear in the subject in the first
            place? I'm totally puzzled... and if its related to some service or
            program you are using to reply to email, why included it in a Notetab
            discussion?

            Just trying to understand.....

            Laurie

            http://mail2web.com/ .
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2003
              ladyck3@... wrote:

              > > From Alec
              >

              > > What's with all this fancy SUBJECT RENAMING stuff?
              >

              > Apologies Laurie. I meant to stick "Proxomitron

              > I thought the chiropterophilous
              >
              > Regards ... Alec
              >
              > ===========================
              >
              > ????chiropterophilous Dictionary.com has no idea what this is, so
              I'm a
              > bit at a loss... call me ignorant.....
              >
              > I may or may not be chiropterophilous, cuz I'm not sure what it
              is.... >Just trying to understand.....

              > Laurie

              Hi Laurie,

              Try Dictionary.com again and look for 'bat', the furry little night
              creature.

              On the message subject line, I see your point, but Alec said he erred,
              it can happen to us all.

              For filters, EVERYTHING that I think there is a very good chance I'll
              keep, such as all the Fookes lists, friends, family and several other
              tips lists, has a filter set up to send it directly to its folder.

              This way I don't have to worry about moving or deleting it, just go to
              the particular folder and read it. Sometime later I'll MailBag these
              and delete at that time.

              hrs
            • ladyck3@earthlink.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 5, 2003
                From: hsavage hsavage@...
                You wrote....

                >Hi Laurie,

                >Try Dictionary.com again and look for 'bat', the furry little night
                >creature.

                Who you calling a furry little night creature, HRS? huh? Dems is
                fightin' words! hehehehe

                I had to chuckle when I saw that... thank heavens I was able to, had this
                been seen yesterday, I would have been a basket case.. not PMS, but empty
                next syndrome and have not been able to handle ANYTHING lately but I'm all
                better today... THANK GOD! and I mean that in all reverence!

                Maybe I am being too touchy about it all... but I still don't get it...
                like I said... I'll just let it pass and chalk it up to just being me
                again... dangit!

                http://mail2web.com/ .
              • ladyck3@earthlink.net
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 5, 2003
                  From: hsavage hsavage@...
                  You wrote....

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 5, 2003
                    ladyck3@... wrote:

                    > From: hsavage hsavage@...
                    > You wrote....
                    >

                    > Hi Laurie,
                    >

                    > > Try Dictionary.com again and look for 'bat', the furry little night
                    creature.

                    > Who you calling a furry little night creature, HRS? huh? Dems is
                    > fightin' words! hehehehe
                    >
                    > I had to chuckle when I saw that... thank heavens I was able to, had this
                    > been seen yesterday, I would have been a basket case.. not PMS, but empty
                    > next syndrome and have not been able to handle ANYTHING lately but
                    I'm all
                    > better today... THANK GOD! and I mean that in all reverence!
                    >

                    > Maybe I am being too touchy about it all... but I still don't get it...
                    > like I said... I'll just let it pass and chalk it up to just being me
                    > again... dangit!

                    Laurie,

                    Glad to be of assistance 8-)

                    hrs