Beta testers wanted for FTP backup program

  • Marcus
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2003
      Hi Folks,

      I have a new program for encrypted FTP backups, and I'm
      looking for testers. Special discount of 70% off for testers. The
      program is great for backing up your personal files
      off-site. Uses GnuPG encryption which is trusted open source
      encryption. It also restores from the FTP server.
      No tie-in NoteTab support yet, since this is a Windows app, no
      command line use. Might be added though if there's interest.

      What it does:
      SecureAway creates encrypted, zipped backups to any FTP
      server using GnuPG for highest security. Local backups to
      any Windows drive, and built-in email notifications for secure file
      exchanges with other people. One-click backup jobs via
      system tray.

      Download, screenshots and more info here:

      http://www.wordit.com/secureaway/

      There's a special price for beta testers of $5.95, instead
      of $14.95 (free upgrades, at least to version 1.9)

      Please do these tests:
      - Backup FTP/local
      - Restore FTP/local
      - With/without encryption
      - Email notification
      - Built-in updater (don't actually update, just go through
      download and restart. close when new setup appears)
      - Test built-in purchaser (this uses sample info, so you can go all
      the way using the sample credit card info)
      - Web links in help menu

      There's also a new yahoo group mailing list:

      Runs on all Windows versions (beyond Win 3.x)

      Many Thanks,

      Marcus