Kerio Personal Firewall

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2003
      Has anyone had any experience with Kerio Personal Firewall?

      http://www.kerio.com/us/kpf_home.html

      I found it on a site called Pricelessware (http://www.pricelessware.org/).
      Lots of shareware, even NoteTab Light ;-)

      Larry Hamilton
      lmh@...
      http://notlimah.tripod.com/
    • hugo_paulissen
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2003
        > Has anyone had any experience with Kerio Personal Firewall?

        Hi Larry,

        I do. I run it on my Windows XP machine at home, for about eight
        months or so, and after settings the rules (which is done quite easily
        -every once in a while if a new program tries to connect from or to
        your machine you are prompted to add a rule or not) you will not
        notice much of it. I cannot compare it to other firewalls though
        (Outpost seems to be a good one), but I never found the courage, or
        need, to test another one.

        I had some problems in the beginning with the automatic update of my
        virus-definition files (I do it every night), but I have that resolved
        now. I was forced to switch the firewall off before the actual
        downloading of the file could take place; I think a tweak to the rule
        did the trick. For novice users (like me, at least in this domain) it
        is quite useable, and I think it has enough configuration-options for
        advanced users as well.

        Starting up takes some time, but I guess this is what happens with all
        of these tools.

        Regards,

        Hugo