[NTO] Re: Image Editors & Buttons

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2000
      Hi Marco,

      > Try AX-Icons: http://www.axialis.com
      > It's a cheap French shareware with a lot of features:

      Looks pretty good. A bit of a learning curve on it - neat
      installation setup anyway. <g> I'll have to actually try to read
      help to figure out some things - what a drag - help files. :(

      Icon Edit Pro is $5 more and overall I believe it better, but I
      may not have given this one a good enough try yet. Icon Edit Pro
      has some problems though. ZDNet gives it 5 stars though and Icon
      Ax 4 FWIW.

      > And now an off topic tip (but being here is always on-topic <g>)

      Ain't it nice. :) Might never have a big list, but, oh well,
      lots of helpful stuff can come through.

      Thanks!
      Jody

      Clean-Funnies: click and send...
      mailto:CF@...?subject=Subscribe
    • Marco Bernardini
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5, 2000
        Hello all!
        I discover a nice FREE multiplatform (Unices, Win, Mac) program smart
        enough to reuse MSWord docs you always receive via e-mail by morons
        thinking everyone has Word.
        And it does a bunch of other interesting things, like spreadsheets,
        presentations, graphics and so on.
        For X-windows lovers there is also a feature to use X-like windows (or Mac,
        or OS/2...)
        It's Sun StarOffice 5: read about it at http://www.sun.com

        Using that program,
        - if you hate Bill you don't need to use his programs
        - if you love Bill you can show he don't own the world

        Bye!

        Marco Bernardini
      • Ernie
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6, 2000
          I remember this product from awhile back and found my old link to it at
          Star Vision http://www.stardivision.com/ which now sends you to Suns
          site. Seems Sun took over this.

          >Hello all!
          >I discover a nice FREE multiplatform (Unices, Win, Mac) program smart
          >enough to reuse MSWord docs you always receive via e-mail by morons
          >thinking everyone has Word.
          >And it does a bunch of other interesting things, like spreadsheets,
          >presentations, graphics and so on.
          >For X-windows lovers there is also a feature to use X-like windows (or Mac,
          >or OS/2...)
          >It's Sun StarOffice 5: read about it at http://www.sun.com
          >
          >Using that program,
          >- if you hate Bill you don't need to use his programs
          >- if you love Bill you can show he don't own the world
          >
          >Bye!
          >
          >Marco Bernardini

          http://im.yahoo.com
        • Bruce Wright
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6, 2000
            RE: [NTO] Re: Breaking MS monopoly

            I've had a bit of a play around with StarOffice 5...I got it from a PC magazine cover disk;)

            I agree with Marco, for anyone wanting most of the features of M$ Office for a $NIL outlay, StarOffice is definitely worth a try.

            Bruce

              ----------
              I remember this product from awhile back and found my old link to it at
              Star Vision  http://www.stardivision.com/  which now sends you to Suns
              site. Seems Sun took over this.

              >Hello all!
              >I discover a nice FREE multiplatform (Unices, Win, Mac) program smart
              >enough to reuse MSWord docs you always receive via e-mail by morons
              >thinking everyone has Word.
              >And it does a bunch of other interesting things, like spreadsheets,
              >presentations, graphics and so on.
              >For X-windows lovers there is also a feature to use X-like windows (or Mac,
              >or OS/2...)
              >It's Sun StarOffice 5: read about it at http://www.sun.com
              >
              >Using that program,
              >- if you hate Bill you don't need to use his programs
              >- if you love Bill you can show he don't own the world
              >
              >Bye!
              >
              >Marco Bernardini

              http://im.yahoo.com

              Love. Relationships? E - Commerce!
              http://click.egroups.com/1/1145/1/_/353289/_/949860585/

              -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=notetab-ot&m=1

          • Marco Bernardini
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 6, 2000
              This is really interesting if you need to correct MS-HTML pages:
              demoroniser - correct moronic and gratuitously incompatible HTML generated
              by Microsoft applications
              http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/demoroniser/

              Bye!

              Marco Bernardini