Re[4]: [NTO] UPS recommendation

  • Marcus
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 8 11:00 PM
      Jim> Some of the newer Surge protectors and UPS systems also have protection for
      Jim> your modem and NIC lines.

      Thanks for that info, I see the new ones have this.

      Jim> You might find that you don't really need a UPS but
      Jim> instead, a backup hard drive and a RAID card. :-)

      Hmm, but if a computer with hard drives using RAID gets hit by a power
      surge/outage then don't just both RAID controlled disks get
      damaged? (The power gremlins will hardly stop at one if they
      can get two devices)
      Or if only one gets damaged then the second one just copies
      the errors, no?

      Marcus