Re: [NTO] creating a dual boot system.

  • paul
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 5, 2003
      hi laurie,

      thanx for the detailed account of your own experiences and how you lived to tell the tale!

      re. the drive speed thang - both my drives are of the 5400rpm variety. are you saying the
      40gb will be faster simply because it's bigger?

      re. the reinstallation of programs - as i understand it, i will have install each program
      twice to register them with both o/s's. does this mean that i will have to create two
      distinct program folders, or can i overwrite the first installation with the second?

      cheers,

      paul

      p.s. of course, you're correct about my having to listen to the whole of your story... but
      as a man i reserve my own inalienable right to simply nod and look interested, while
      actually thinking about tomorrow's big match and whether it's time to trim the hedge! ;-)

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5, 2003
        thanx again, ozkan.

        the diskettes have duly been created! ;-)

        paul

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 6, 2003
          Hi Paul,

          > but as a man i reserve my own inalienable right to simply nod and
          > look interested, while actually thinking about tomorrow's big
          > match and whether it's time to trim the hedge! ;-)

          Ah! Another true Englishman! You won't be watching the Boat Race, then!
          :-)

          Greg
        • paul
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 6, 2003
            hi greg,

            > > but as a man i reserve my own inalienable right to simply nod and
            > > look interested, while actually thinking about tomorrow's big
            > > match and whether it's time to trim the hedge! ;-)
            >
            > Ah! Another true Englishman! You won't be watching the Boat Race, then!
            > :-)
            >
            > Greg

            that was my intention but i've just been alerted to some paint that's drying!

            paul