Re: [NTO] creating a dual boot system.

  • Ozkan Taskiran
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2003
      Friday, April 4, 2003,19:39:35,paul wrote :

      hi all,

      pc details -
      windows xp
      dell pentium II 350mhz
      384mb ram
      c: drive 6.4gb
      d: drive 40gb

      i'm looking to reformat and partition my c: drive and install win 98 and win xp to create
      a dual boot set up. in addition, i intend reinstalling all the programs that currently sit
      on c: drive into their own partition on d: drive. in the other d: drive partition, i'll
      put all of my data files.

      i've got partition magic 7 plus magic boot to help me accomplish this task.

      does my proposed set up which means using a 6.4gb disk solely to house the 2 operating
      systems seem reasonable? i want to keep everything as clean and as stable as possible.

      i've never done anything like this before and would welcome any words of wisdom (or just
      plain old advice).

      --------------------End of original message--------------------

      Hi paul,
      Run PM. Go Tasks--Install another operating system. So easy.
      Take space from XP. Ready your 98 disket and cd-rom. Activate
      98 partition by PM. Reboot, install 98. 6.4 GB is enough but I
      would choose fastest drive to install system. Put your programs,
      date to drive D. You can run most programs without actually
      installing. This way OSes will be invisible to each other. Use
      your boot program to choose OS at boot time. But can you stand 98
      after using XP :)

      Ozkan