Registry information

  • Mike H
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2003
      Recently I have had a problem with my browser locking up whenever I pause more than one or two minutes on a web page. I can close
      the browser, but attempting to disconnect from the internet then causes my computer to lock up completely, forcing me to reboot
      using the restart button. My automatic timeout is set for 59 minutes.

      I suspect a parasite or malware of some type, even though I run Ad-Aware and SpywareGuard regularly. I also use AVG anti-virus
      daily.

      While searching the 'net for useful information on my problem I came across the site
      and.doxdesk.com
      which has a script which is supposed to check for the presence of scumware.

      I have run this script, but it fails because it does not recognize my browser as Internet Explorer.

      I am running IE6 on Win98, with a DSL connection using the dastardly Intell 2100 gateway (the "winmodem" of DSL gateways.)

      MY question is: where does javascript obtain the useragent information it uses to identify browsers? ...from the registry? If so,
      what key and what value should be set for IE6?

      Thanks!

      Computers -- I love 'em, but Gawd, do I hate 'em, too!

      Mike Hopkins
      ironmike@...