Re: Windows Favorites folder being modified by outside sources..

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 12 9:48 AM
      Many thanks to each of you, it took a combination of suggestions to track down and eliminate the culprit. It appears the demon is called "FavoriteMan" which was detected on the page Lotta suggested but the fix wasn't clear to my friend. On the page Mark recommended the free program "HighjackThis" also detected it, plus it removed it. Or so it appears my friend Amy tells me now, and she wants me to pass along to each of you, her deepest appreciation for your suggestions.. :)

      Now maybe I'll be able to talk Amy into trying out NoteTab.. I've been after her for a long time to, hopefully this little incident will open her eyes to just how powerful NoteTab, and these groups, really are..

      Thanks again! If there's any more problems I'll do a follow up..

      John