Coming soon - Copy protected web pages?

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2003
      http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/addon/default.asp

      Says it will require 2000 or XP and IE6. So maybe content will
      continue to be unprotected with lesser Win OS's and browsers. Or
      proprietary format not viewable at all.

      Sheri
    • Marcus
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2003
        Saturday, March 8, 2003, 4:06:15 PM, you wrote:
        Sheri> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/addon/default.asp
        Sheri> Says it will require 2000 or XP and IE6. So maybe content will
        Sheri> continue to be unprotected with lesser Win OS's and browsers. Or
        Sheri> proprietary format not viewable at all.

        And ties people to using Microsoft products if they want to
        read those pages I guess? It will only work if the web
        server can reliably authenticate the browser.Maybe it only
        works with the MS web servers as well. Sounds somehow
        unconvincing.

        Marcus
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 8, 2003
          >Saturday, March 8, 2003, 4:06:15 PM, you wrote:
          >Sheri> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/addon/default.asp
          >Sheri> Says it will require 2000 or XP and IE6. So maybe content will
          >Sheri> continue to be unprotected with lesser Win OS's and browsers. Or
          >Sheri> proprietary format not viewable at all.
          >
          >And ties people to using Microsoft products if they want to
          >read those pages I guess? It will only work if the web
          >server can reliably authenticate the browser.Maybe it only
          >works with the MS web servers as well. Sounds somehow
          >unconvincing.

          What in the whole world is that? A giant no right-click script?!?! Wonder
          if it will have those cute alerts too? :-D
          Not much information about how it actually works.