Re: [NTB] RE: SAM and SAM.LOG

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2003
      (moved to off-topic)

      Ray

      > I found a great freeware utility called ERUNT that gives a lot of
      > info about SAM, SAM.LOG etc. For those interested, see below my
      > signature.

      > http://home.t-online.de/home/lars.hederer/erunt

      Looks interesting. I bailed myself out of a couple of jams with WIn98 by
      using its recovery procedures scanreg\backup and scanreg\restore and spent
      some time looking for the equivalent in Win2K before I finally figured out
      they didn't exist.

      I've made the backup with Erunt. Have you tested the other side - doing a
      recovery and verifying that it works? Can it be done while logged into
      windows? I didn't read the readme closely enough to be quite sure ;-)

      Regards ... Alec