Re: [NTO] Network Solutions or VeriSign beware !

  • alice ttlg
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 18, 2003
      Bill wrote:
      > Beware of getting involved with Network Solutions or VeriSign ... I
      > sell domain names so I have a vested interest but ... this company
      > makes it very easy to buy domain names but makes it very very
      > hard to transfer or manage your own domain name ... what they do

      I don't sell domain names and I don't have a vested interest and I
      will second this, don't use Network Solutions/VeriSign! I have heard
      first accounts of horror stories from literally dozens of professional
      web designers trying to deal with them and I would never touch them
      with a ten foot pole.

      Plus, why the heck pay that much, especially when there's no benefit
      in added customer support (instead you get customer trouble!) There's
      plenty of reputable domain registrars that charge far less and work
      great, both on transfers to and transfers away from.

      I use Godaddy.com, great price, great interface.

      alice ttlg

      --
      LJ: http://alicettlg.livejournal.com/
      Blog: http://coda.populli.org/

      If one...just one more weird thing happens this month, I'm going to go
      completely bat shit.
      - Lusiphur Amerellis Malache