RE: [NTO] Re: redirecting email messages

  • Christine
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 5 6:09 AM
      Hear! Hear!
      As an Exchange Admin, the trouble between Personal Address book, Windows
      Address Book and Contacts has been difficult enough. Then throw in these
      other ways people misuse standard industry lingo and it's very frustrating.
      Particularly when you deal with the legal world and they grab a word and
      think they're in-the-know or on top of things and all they're doing is
      getting weird answers to what they're actually asking.

      Bounce and redirect, autoreply, autoforward, CC and BCC are not the same
      thing -- although I see them used in the same context all too frequently!

      Christine
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 5 6:18 AM
        --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "hugo_paulissen <h.paulissen@f...>" <h.paulissen@f...> wrote:
        > I just took a look at Pegasus. If you forward a message you can
        > select (a.o.)...
        >
        > <quote>
        > [ ] Forward the messages without editing (redirect, or "bounce")
        > <unquote>
        >
        > The word OR here implies (I think) that there are two alternatives:
        > either redirect or bounce. (www.pmail.com - free). Yet, you still
        > have the need to select another recipient.

        Pegasus also allows you to automate forwarding with filters. There you can specify recipient.

        Jorma
      • Dean Martineau
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 7 8:11 AM
          This is a follow-up to a question I asked the other day. At that time, I
          had just installed xp, and CDex, a good free cd ripping program, needed
          updated ASPI drivers to work. Following advice from Brian, I fixed my
          incomplete ASPI driver installation. Now CDex no longer complains about
          that, it simply doesn't find my cd burner, a TDK CDRW241040B, a modern
          device. Windows says it's functioning properly and is using the best
          driver it knows of. windows Media Player can read files from it but
          doesn't see it as a burner, and Goldwave can do neither. However, Sound
          Forge and Nero recognize it with no problems. I like some of the
          functionality of CDex, so how can I help this, and perhaps the other
          programs, recognize the device?

          Dean
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 7 9:40 AM
            Dean Martineau wrote:

            >This is a follow-up to a question I asked the other day. At that time, I
            >had just installed xp, and CDex, a good free cd ripping program, needed
            >updated ASPI drivers to work. Following advice from Brian, I fixed my
            >incomplete ASPI driver installation. Now CDex no longer complains about
            >that, it simply doesn't find my cd burner, a TDK CDRW241040B, a modern
            >device. Windows says it's functioning properly and is using the best
            >driver it knows of. windows Media Player can read files from it but
            >doesn't see it as a burner, and Goldwave can do neither. However, Sound
            >Forge and Nero recognize it with no problems. I like some of the
            >functionality of CDex, so how can I help this, and perhaps the other
            >programs, recognize the device?
            >
            >Dean

            Dean,

            I'm not familiar with either of the software packs you mention.

            Did CDEX work with this drive (TDK CDRW241040B) before you upgraded the OS?

            If so, this won't help.

            If not, the trouble may be with CDEX. I can only assume CDEX works
            similarly to other burner packages.

            I had trouble recently with an OEM version of EasyCD, it would recognize
            the drive as a CD drive but not as a CDRW drive. I had to download an
            update to OEM EasyCD and also a second update that was apparently and
            updated Drive list.

            EasyCD needed the updated Drive list to be able to recognize the newer
            drive. After installing the new Drive list EasyCD worked flawlessly.

            You may need to check for a newer version of CDEX and also check to see
            if it needs an updated Drive list.

            hrs
          • Dean Martineau
            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 7 9:50 AM
              Unfortunately, all software recognized the drive effortlessly before I
              upgraded to xp pro.

              Dean