Re: redirecting email messages

  • hugo_paulissen <h.paulissen@facburfdcw.u
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 4 4:40 PM
      > I'm wondering: which email clients, in addition to Eudora, include
      > 'bounce' or 'redirect' feature?

      > Thanks.
      >
      > Dean

      Hi Dean, Brian and others,

      I just took a look at Pegasus. If you forward a message you can
      select (a.o.)...

      <quote>
      [ ] Forward the messages without editing (redirect, or "bounce")
      <unquote>

      The word OR here implies (I think) that there are two alternatives:
      either redirect or bounce. (www.pmail.com - free). Yet, you still
      have the need to select another recipient.

      Hugo
    • Christine
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 5 6:09 AM
        <LOL> why share it? Are you forgetting that there are programs in there
        other than NTP?
        Actually, thanks for that idea. I need to think more globally rather than
        in such a targeted fashion. I am so far, rather sick of XP, not being able
        to simply whip off what I've been doing and had set up forever with previous
        OS.

        I'll give this a shot. I'll have to see how NTP will let me access
        libraries with only a shortcut.

        Thanks,
        Christine
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 5 6:09 AM
          Hear! Hear!
          As an Exchange Admin, the trouble between Personal Address book, Windows
          Address Book and Contacts has been difficult enough. Then throw in these
          other ways people misuse standard industry lingo and it's very frustrating.
          Particularly when you deal with the legal world and they grab a word and
          think they're in-the-know or on top of things and all they're doing is
          getting weird answers to what they're actually asking.

          Bounce and redirect, autoreply, autoforward, CC and BCC are not the same
          thing -- although I see them used in the same context all too frequently!

          Christine
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 5 6:18 AM
            --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "hugo_paulissen <h.paulissen@f...>" <h.paulissen@f...> wrote:
            > I just took a look at Pegasus. If you forward a message you can
            > select (a.o.)...
            >
            > <quote>
            > [ ] Forward the messages without editing (redirect, or "bounce")
            > <unquote>
            >
            > The word OR here implies (I think) that there are two alternatives:
            > either redirect or bounce. (www.pmail.com - free). Yet, you still
            > have the need to select another recipient.

            Pegasus also allows you to automate forwarding with filters. There you can specify recipient.

            Jorma
          • Dean Martineau
            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 7 8:11 AM
              This is a follow-up to a question I asked the other day. At that time, I
              had just installed xp, and CDex, a good free cd ripping program, needed
              updated ASPI drivers to work. Following advice from Brian, I fixed my
              incomplete ASPI driver installation. Now CDex no longer complains about
              that, it simply doesn't find my cd burner, a TDK CDRW241040B, a modern
              device. Windows says it's functioning properly and is using the best
              driver it knows of. windows Media Player can read files from it but
              doesn't see it as a burner, and Goldwave can do neither. However, Sound
              Forge and Nero recognize it with no problems. I like some of the
              functionality of CDex, so how can I help this, and perhaps the other
              programs, recognize the device?

              Dean
            • hsavage
              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 7 9:40 AM
                Dean Martineau wrote:

                >This is a follow-up to a question I asked the other day. At that time, I
                >had just installed xp, and CDex, a good free cd ripping program, needed
                >updated ASPI drivers to work. Following advice from Brian, I fixed my
                >incomplete ASPI driver installation. Now CDex no longer complains about
                >that, it simply doesn't find my cd burner, a TDK CDRW241040B, a modern
                >device. Windows says it's functioning properly and is using the best
                >driver it knows of. windows Media Player can read files from it but
                >doesn't see it as a burner, and Goldwave can do neither. However, Sound
                >Forge and Nero recognize it with no problems. I like some of the
                >functionality of CDex, so how can I help this, and perhaps the other
                >programs, recognize the device?
                >
                >Dean

                Dean,

                I'm not familiar with either of the software packs you mention.

                Did CDEX work with this drive (TDK CDRW241040B) before you upgraded the OS?

                If so, this won't help.

                If not, the trouble may be with CDEX. I can only assume CDEX works
                similarly to other burner packages.

                I had trouble recently with an OEM version of EasyCD, it would recognize
                the drive as a CD drive but not as a CDRW drive. I had to download an
                update to OEM EasyCD and also a second update that was apparently and
                updated Drive list.

                EasyCD needed the updated Drive list to be able to recognize the newer
                drive. After installing the new Drive list EasyCD worked flawlessly.

                You may need to check for a newer version of CDEX and also check to see
                if it needs an updated Drive list.

                hrs
              • Dean Martineau
                Message 7 of 27 , Feb 7 9:50 AM
                  Unfortunately, all software recognized the drive effortlessly before I
                  upgraded to xp pro.

                  Dean