RE: [NTO] Re: redirecting email messages

  • Brian Binder
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 4, 2003
      Sorry, I didn't want to make that sound harsh. Pocomail is a client I
      used to test things out with.

      It's no one's fault but their own for using that bounce word. I saw you
      reply, but just wanted to throw that out there. It's hard enough for
      people to be on the same page with things, and then Pocomail makes it
      seem like it's a relay or redirect feature. Hopefully they at least
      consider the mail I gave them. The bottom was just quotes from what I
      sent them and wasn't directed at you in a negative way. I didn't mean
      to offend at all.

      Brian

      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 4, 2003
        > I'm wondering: which email clients, in addition to Eudora, include
        > 'bounce' or 'redirect' feature?

        > Thanks.
        >
        > Dean

        Hi Dean, Brian and others,

        I just took a look at Pegasus. If you forward a message you can
        select (a.o.)...

        <quote>
        [ ] Forward the messages without editing (redirect, or "bounce")
        <unquote>

        The word OR here implies (I think) that there are two alternatives:
        either redirect or bounce. (www.pmail.com - free). Yet, you still
        have the need to select another recipient.

        Hugo
      • Christine
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 5, 2003
          <LOL> why share it? Are you forgetting that there are programs in there
          other than NTP?
          Actually, thanks for that idea. I need to think more globally rather than
          in such a targeted fashion. I am so far, rather sick of XP, not being able
          to simply whip off what I've been doing and had set up forever with previous
          OS.

          I'll give this a shot. I'll have to see how NTP will let me access
          libraries with only a shortcut.

          Thanks,
          Christine
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 5, 2003
            Hear! Hear!
            As an Exchange Admin, the trouble between Personal Address book, Windows
            Address Book and Contacts has been difficult enough. Then throw in these
            other ways people misuse standard industry lingo and it's very frustrating.
            Particularly when you deal with the legal world and they grab a word and
            think they're in-the-know or on top of things and all they're doing is
            getting weird answers to what they're actually asking.

            Bounce and redirect, autoreply, autoforward, CC and BCC are not the same
            thing -- although I see them used in the same context all too frequently!

            Christine

          • jorigami <jorma.oksanen@aina.fi>
            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 5, 2003
              --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "hugo_paulissen <h.paulissen@f...>" <h.paulissen@f...> wrote:
              > I just took a look at Pegasus. If you forward a message you can
              > select (a.o.)...
              >
              > <quote>
              > [ ] Forward the messages without editing (redirect, or "bounce")
              > <unquote>
              >
              > The word OR here implies (I think) that there are two alternatives:
              > either redirect or bounce. (www.pmail.com - free). Yet, you still
              > have the need to select another recipient.

              Pegasus also allows you to automate forwarding with filters. There you can specify recipient.

              Jorma
            • Dean Martineau
              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 7, 2003
                This is a follow-up to a question I asked the other day. At that time, I
                had just installed xp, and CDex, a good free cd ripping program, needed
                updated ASPI drivers to work. Following advice from Brian, I fixed my
                incomplete ASPI driver installation. Now CDex no longer complains about
                that, it simply doesn't find my cd burner, a TDK CDRW241040B, a modern
                device. Windows says it's functioning properly and is using the best
                driver it knows of. windows Media Player can read files from it but
                doesn't see it as a burner, and Goldwave can do neither. However, Sound
                Forge and Nero recognize it with no problems. I like some of the
                functionality of CDex, so how can I help this, and perhaps the other
                programs, recognize the device?

                Dean
              • hsavage
                Message 7 of 27 , Feb 7, 2003
                  Dean Martineau wrote:

                  >This is a follow-up to a question I asked the other day. At that time, I
                  >had just installed xp, and CDex, a good free cd ripping program, needed
                  >updated ASPI drivers to work. Following advice from Brian, I fixed my
                  >incomplete ASPI driver installation. Now CDex no longer complains about
                  >that, it simply doesn't find my cd burner, a TDK CDRW241040B, a modern
                  >device. Windows says it's functioning properly and is using the best
                  >driver it knows of. windows Media Player can read files from it but
                  >doesn't see it as a burner, and Goldwave can do neither. However, Sound
                  >Forge and Nero recognize it with no problems. I like some of the
                  >functionality of CDex, so how can I help this, and perhaps the other
                  >programs, recognize the device?
                  >
                  >Dean

                  Dean,

                  I'm not familiar with either of the software packs you mention.

                  Did CDEX work with this drive (TDK CDRW241040B) before you upgraded the OS?

                  If so, this won't help.

                  If not, the trouble may be with CDEX. I can only assume CDEX works
                  similarly to other burner packages.

                  I had trouble recently with an OEM version of EasyCD, it would recognize
                  the drive as a CD drive but not as a CDRW drive. I had to download an
                  update to OEM EasyCD and also a second update that was apparently and
                  updated Drive list.

                  EasyCD needed the updated Drive list to be able to recognize the newer
                  drive. After installing the new Drive list EasyCD worked flawlessly.

                  You may need to check for a newer version of CDEX and also check to see
                  if it needs an updated Drive list.

                  hrs
                • Dean Martineau
                  Message 8 of 27 , Feb 7, 2003
                    Unfortunately, all software recognized the drive effortlessly before I
                    upgraded to xp pro.

                    Dean