Re: [NTO] Plain Text, US ASCII, and Unicode (UTF-8)

  • alice ttlg
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003
      Greg Chapman wrote:
      > I fear some will tell me to change my e-mail client. However, this
      > is not very practical in this case, as this a list for those who
      > work in environments where MS products are forced upon them.

      I won't tell you to change your email client, I think you should use
      what suits you best. From what I can see, the problem is not at your
      end, it's at the sender's end but if they're limited in their choices
      in what software they can install or use, there may not be a fix for
      the problem. :-(

      I'm not familar enough with Outlook to give any specific suggestions
      for your side. The only thing I can think to communicate to the
      sender is that they perhaps they set their email to uuencode, rather
      than Mime? And to look for that setting and change it to Mime? (Mime
      can still be plain text but uuencode can give unexpected results
      sometimes.)

      Or ask them to look thru their language settings and change it to
      Western European?

      alice ttlg

      --
      LJ: http://alicettlg.livejournal.com/
      Blog: http://coda.populli.org/

      ...because life isn't worth living if you can't be thoughtlessly kind.
      - Kristin Thomas
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
        Hi Alice,

        > I'm not familar enough with Outlook to give any specific suggestions
        > for your side. The only thing I can think to communicate to the
        > sender is that they perhaps they set their email to uuencode, rather
        > than Mime? And to look for that setting and change it to Mime? (Mime
        > can still be plain text but uuencode can give unexpected results
        > sometimes.)
        >
        > Or ask them to look thru their language settings and change it to
        > Western European?

        Thanks for those suggestions. If it continues to be a problem, I'll pursue
        those ideas.

        Greg