[NTO] Re: Image Editors & Buttons

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2000
      Alle 00.47 01/02/2000 -0600, Jody ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:
      >does anybody know of a preferably freeware
      >icon (.ico) editor, 256 colors, and does transparency?

      Try AX-Icons: http://www.axialis.com
      It's a cheap French shareware with a lot of features:
      - make icons 16x16, 32x32, 48x48, 64x64, 72x72 (or custom) with 2, 16, 256
      or 16M colors.
      - save icons as single files or as libraries.

      And now an off topic tip (but being here is always on-topic <g>) for
      webmasters.
      Add a favicon.ico icon file into your root directory, so MSIE5 users can
      see the right icon in their favorites.

      Bye!

      Marco Bernardini
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2000
        Hi Marco,

        > Try AX-Icons: http://www.axialis.com
        > It's a cheap French shareware with a lot of features:

        Looks pretty good. A bit of a learning curve on it - neat
        installation setup anyway. <g> I'll have to actually try to read
        help to figure out some things - what a drag - help files. :(

        Icon Edit Pro is $5 more and overall I believe it better, but I
        may not have given this one a good enough try yet. Icon Edit Pro
        has some problems though. ZDNet gives it 5 stars though and Icon
        Ax 4 FWIW.

        > And now an off topic tip (but being here is always on-topic <g>)

        Ain't it nice. :) Might never have a big list, but, oh well,
        lots of helpful stuff can come through.

        Thanks!
        Jody

        Clean-Funnies: click and send...
        mailto:CF@...?subject=Subscribe
      • Marco Bernardini
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5, 2000
          Hello all!
          I discover a nice FREE multiplatform (Unices, Win, Mac) program smart
          enough to reuse MSWord docs you always receive via e-mail by morons
          thinking everyone has Word.
          And it does a bunch of other interesting things, like spreadsheets,
          presentations, graphics and so on.
          For X-windows lovers there is also a feature to use X-like windows (or Mac,
          or OS/2...)
          It's Sun StarOffice 5: read about it at http://www.sun.com

          Using that program,
          - if you hate Bill you don't need to use his programs
          - if you love Bill you can show he don't own the world

          Bye!

          Marco Bernardini
        • Ernie
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6, 2000
            I remember this product from awhile back and found my old link to it at
            Star Vision http://www.stardivision.com/ which now sends you to Suns
            site. Seems Sun took over this.

            >Hello all!
            >I discover a nice FREE multiplatform (Unices, Win, Mac) program smart
            >enough to reuse MSWord docs you always receive via e-mail by morons
            >thinking everyone has Word.
            >And it does a bunch of other interesting things, like spreadsheets,
            >presentations, graphics and so on.
            >For X-windows lovers there is also a feature to use X-like windows (or Mac,
            >or OS/2...)
            >It's Sun StarOffice 5: read about it at http://www.sun.com
            >
            >Using that program,
            >- if you hate Bill you don't need to use his programs
            >- if you love Bill you can show he don't own the world
            >
            >Bye!
            >
            >Marco Bernardini

            http://im.yahoo.com
          • Bruce Wright
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 6, 2000
              RE: [NTO] Re: Breaking MS monopoly

              I've had a bit of a play around with StarOffice 5...I got it from a PC magazine cover disk;)

              I agree with Marco, for anyone wanting most of the features of M$ Office for a $NIL outlay, StarOffice is definitely worth a try.

              Bruce

                ----------
                I remember this product from awhile back and found my old link to it at
                Star Vision  http://www.stardivision.com/  which now sends you to Suns
                site. Seems Sun took over this.

                >Hello all!
                >I discover a nice FREE multiplatform (Unices, Win, Mac) program smart
                >enough to reuse MSWord docs you always receive via e-mail by morons
                >thinking everyone has Word.
                >And it does a bunch of other interesting things, like spreadsheets,
                >presentations, graphics and so on.
                >For X-windows lovers there is also a feature to use X-like windows (or Mac,
                >or OS/2...)
                >It's Sun StarOffice 5: read about it at http://www.sun.com
                >
                >Using that program,
                >- if you hate Bill you don't need to use his programs
                >- if you love Bill you can show he don't own the world
                >
                >Bye!
                >
                >Marco Bernardini

                http://im.yahoo.com

                Love. Relationships? E - Commerce!
                http://click.egroups.com/1/1145/1/_/353289/_/949860585/

                -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=notetab-ot&m=1

            • Marco Bernardini
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 6, 2000
                This is really interesting if you need to correct MS-HTML pages:
                demoroniser - correct moronic and gratuitously incompatible HTML generated
                by Microsoft applications
                http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/demoroniser/

                Bye!

                Marco Bernardini