Further to: Politics and Religion

  • Dennis W. Farrell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2003
      I disagree with the style and content of the debate on the subject but am
      glad to see it, nonetheless. I believe that public discussion of the value
      and effects of making war is important, though our Attorney General's
      office has warned that one should be careful of what one says. I also
      believe that such discussion is protected under our Constitution.

      As a framework for thought and (hopefully) for debate, consider looking at:
      http://www.uwosh.edu/departments/military_science/spring/158-1131.html

      It does take a certain amount of intellectual integrity and stamina to get
      through it, though it's not long.

      I'd appreciate hearing comments, either on or off list as to whether it has
      been of value in organizing thoughts about whether or not we should make
      war. Please Note: this is based on a long tradition of Christian (both
      Catholic and non-Catholic) thought. If anyone has insight as to the
      non-Christian view of what the author presents, I'd greatly appreciate
      learning from it.

      -- dwf