[NTO] Re: AppBar

  • Julie G
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 1, 2000
      At 05:43 PM 02/01/2000 , Jody wrote:

      > > CopyPath
      > >
      > > http://www.fullvb.de/soft/data/copypath.exe

      >You mentioned going to Properties, etc. AppBar has a Find
      >(browse) button to go the the app itself to add it. It always
      >opens in the C:\ drive though so you need to use the pulldown to
      >switch to another drive.
      >
      >1. Left click to focus and then right click over AppBar
      >2. Choose Edit menu ...
      >3. Click on a menu on left or add one, New Menu (double
      > click to edit menu)
      >4. Click on New App
      >5. Click on Find.

      Thanks Jody... Since Windows so kindly puts everything in the Programs menu
      upon installation, I always group the apps to my liking (although I have
      clips to most everything I use all the time!). Browsing to the executable
      seemed more tedious then alt-enter'ing on the shortcut in the Program menu.
      I found that by adding programs from the properties in the Programs...
      folder, the path is already highlighted, I can copy and paste the path,
      and then the file name, and all the programs are all ready grouped the way
      I like 'em, so it's minimal fuss to organize (for me at least). CopyPath
      was very helpful for the smaller programs that weren't in the Programs...
      folder. Had a hard time trying to figure out what the readme file was
      saying though ;-). I then took all my Captor group clips from NoteTab and
      put them in their own file menu.

      Julie
    • Julie G
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 1, 2000
        At 08:18 PM 02/01/2000 , Julie G wrote:

        >saying though ;-). I then took all my Captor group clips from NoteTab and
        >put them in their own file menu.

        That didn't seem to work :-(. AppBar only seems to like exe's I'm
        assuming? Is there a work around, or should I just use the clips I've
        created in NTP?

        Julie
      • Harvey R. Savage
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 1, 2000
          Hi Julie G,

          I downloaded and started using AppBar. Its use is not limited to .exe
          files. I added a file - hrs.rtl - as an entry in appbar, it works
          great. You probably need to make sure, whatever the extension, it is
          associated with the appropriate executable, ie, add a .txt file to the
          menu and it will start NotePro with that file opened when you select
          that choice.

          hrs

          --
          ¿? Harvey R. Savage
          ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 1, 2000
            Hi Julie,

            > saying though ;-). I then took all my Captor group clips from
            > NoteTab and put them in their own file menu.
            >
            > That didn't seem to work :-(. AppBar only seems to like exe's
            > I'm assuming? Is there a work around, or should I just use the
            > clips I've created in NTP?

            I have never made any NetCaptor Clips, unless you are talking
            about Clips in NoteTab you are trying to use on it. Then in the
            new beta you could add the shortcut to Notetab something like
            (from memory):

            C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe /L=LibraryName:ClipName

            If you are talking about something in NetCaptor, perhaps you
            could rename the file with an .exe extension and the once you get
            it into NetCaptor rename it to what it needs to be.

            cya,
            jody

            Weather Reports:
            http://www.wunderground.com/US/FL/Milton.html
            Sojourners King James Bible Page
            http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
          • Julie G
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 2, 2000
              At 11:30 PM 02/01/2000 , you wrote:

              >I downloaded and started using AppBar. Its use is not limited to .exe
              >files. I added a file - hrs.rtl - as an entry in appbar, it works
              >great. You probably need to make sure, whatever the extension, it is
              >associated with the appropriate executable, ie, add a .txt file to the
              >menu and it will start NotePro with that file opened when you select
              >that choice.

              The association is there... I don't what the difference is between last
              night and this morning, except for it being a new day, but they're opening
              just fine now. ??

              Julie
            • Carl Swann
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 2, 2000
                Julie G wrote:

                > The association is there... I don't what the difference is between last
                > night and this morning, except for it being a new day, but they're opening
                > just fine now. ??

                I often find I do better after a good night's rest, too... ;-)

                Glad the program is working for you.

                oOOo-(_)-oOOo