RE: [NTO] WinME vs WinXP?

  • Brian Binder
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2003
      If I missed a post on this, sorry.

      The one thing I think that you all are missing the point on is XP's

      If your stability is a fair trade, then disregard this email.

      Personally, I don't like M$ seeing everything I am doing and tracking
      all my information.

      The stability and compatibility is great, yes - but you guys are giving
      up your privacy!

      I thought that was important to everyone? Am I mistaken?

      With the introduction of XP, MS left all backdoors open so others could
      watch what you are doing.

      And by installing SP1 for XP, you give MS consent to do this!

      Same with 2000. Nice and stable, but by installing SP3 for it, you are
      giving M$ the right to inspect your system whenever they want to.

      I am forced to deal with Windows on a daily basis, but I would surely
      use Linux for myself.

      Xandros is a great OS for people to use instead of Windows.

      I'm not asking you to change your OS and start all over, but if your
      privacy is important, an upgrade to XP will absolutely NOT be in your
      future because of its privacy issues and security flaws.

      Don't think that simply by doing updates you are protected from the
      flaws of XP, especially if you are on a broadband connection.

      Just fair warning!