Re: [list] Re: [NTO] Win2K

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2003
      Larry etal,
      I know every little about the internal workings of computers. Especially
      Windows 2000.
      It seems to me that some of these processes should not be running and I
      should be able to call the program up through Start Programs etc.whenever I
      want to run a particular process, but then I am not sure of anything with
      this yet. I guess I need to find Win2K for Idiots and see what I can find
      out. I do not know if a process equates to a program, of course I know some
      system files must be running. But when I get a message while trying to
      install a new program and it says close all running programs, I am not sure
      if that means processes or not. I am not sure of the difference, if any,
      between processes and programs.
      Thanks for your reply.
      Ed
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2003
        Ed,

        Close all open programs in this case means all the ones that present a
        window on the screen.

        Larry