RE: [NTO] Windows XP

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 12, 2002
      Hi Larry,

      > Another option, if there is only one account, like with
      > Win95/98/ME, is that
      > you can set up Identities, and all users can share the same
      > Program but the
      > data is segregated by Identity. I have not used this feature, so I am not
      > sure of how it segregates email.

      It works in a very similar fashion to Win9x profiles, with about the same
      level of security, but for non-malicious/family users is probably fine.

      You create an identity, and logon to it, password protecting it, if
      required. After the first identity it's is probably best used with a
      Hotmail, or similar, account, using the same dialup ISP as the original
      identity. I use it a lot in the classroom with my Adult Education students
      Works well, until someone just clicks the X title bar button, and because we
      don't password protect them the next student is confused when they don't see
      their own mail! You need to use the FILE menu option "Exit and Log off".
      Then the next user get greeted with a pick list of OE identities.

      Greg