RE: [NTO] Outpost by Agnitium

  • Len
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 11, 2002
      Hi Brian, Greg, DA, et al;

      Re: System Works 2003
      I have used System Works for a number of years with good results.
      There is a custom installation that allows the user to set some
      of the programs to not run at startup and I uncheck any others
      in the MSCONFIG Startup list so no NSW programs are running in the
      background. I then run each program when desired.
      Each year they update the programs it seems to become less capable.
      The System Check program isn't loaded with the 2003 version but it
      is on the CD and can be loaded manually. Also the NAV takes about
      twice as long as the 2002 version to check for viruses. I think
      it may be running a new test.

      Re: Outpost
      I downloaded and installed the free program and found I need to learn
      more about the types of protocols and intrusion methods before I can
      set it up correctly. I don't think the default settings will be
      sufficient. I un-installed and went back to Zone Alarm Free.
      I'll re-test Outpost after I thoroughly read the User's Guide.
      All the firewalls report blocked intrusions but they can't report
      those that get through the firewall. :-))

      Thanks for bringing Outpost to my attention, Len