UAS - UltimaShell (was: [NH] re: UPDATE WEB SITE ISSUE)

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2002
      Jody:

      > (That is one of *my* problems using UAS when typing in a number I
      > forget at times to hit my ESC key. When I type a number the
      > associated line in the UAS popup gets added to what I am typing
      > instead of the actual number. <g>)

      The number of times I've tried to type "Win2K" and had it come out
      "WindowsK"!

      Do you also have the problem that if you have the UAS popup follow the
      cursor, it keeps winding up under the mouse pointer making it neccessary
      to move the mouse or hit an extra <esc> to shake it loose? I've wound up
      fixing the popup somewhere in the upper right, so its not normally
      interfering with my mouse pointer, but the downside is that I'm less
      likely to see words I could type a number to get instead of typing the
      whole word.

      Regards ... Alec

        Sorry for the late reply. Been more than swamped!

        >> (That is one of *my* problems using UAS when typing in a number I
        >> forget at times to hit my ESC key. When I type a number the
        >> associated line in the UAS popup gets added to what I am typing
        >> instead of the actual number. <g>)
        >
        >The number of times I've tried to type "Win2K" and had it come
        >out "WindowsK"!

        Ah, so others do get caught. LOL It's a real ARGHer.

        >Do you also have the problem that if you have the UAS popup
        >follow the cursor, it keeps winding up under the mouse pointer
        >making it neccessary to move the mouse or hit an extra <esc> to
        >shake it loose? I've wound up fixing the popup somewhere in the
        >upper right, so its not normally interfering with my mouse
        >pointer, but the downside is that I'm less likely to see words I
        >could type a number to get instead of typing the whole word.

        I don't think I've run into that. I like it right where my
        cursor is at. I have Enter as my Popup delimiter so to speak so
        I do get "hit" when at the EOL and happen to hit Enter for one
        reason or another. It does take quit a bit to get use to, but
        once I did, it really saves this non-typist a lot of time.