really offtopic

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2002
      Hi All,

      I'm having difficulty cleansing a virus from a couple of computers.
      These 2 computers are normally networked.

      The virus is, depending which AV site you look at, a W32Opaserv... or,
      I-Opaserv..., or something on that order. There are about 5 strains of
      this virus and it's a network virus.

      I have used Norton, AVG by Grisoft, TrendMicro, most of the singular
      virus removal tools supplied by Norton and others, and a couple of
      others AV packages. All this with no success.

      This pair was taken to a computer shop and they tried several online
      tools and several other packages, with the same result I achieved.

      I'm polling the list for suggestions from other users that may have
      found a cure for this virus.

      As it stands, about the only option left is a total
      wipe/reformat/reinstall. I very much dislike having to do this, I
      haven't resorted to this type of total reinstall since the very first
      version of Win95, before any of the later patches were issued.

      Can I get any help here?