Re: [NTO] NTP Version History?

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2002
      Hi clueless_seattle,

      v4.91 is the latest. See below...

      >I've been out of the loop for a few months, but now have a place to
      >set up my computer for a while so I'm wondering how NTP 4.x has
      >changed since the last version I downloaded (4.86c).
      >
      >What's the latest version number?
      >
      >Is there a web page that lists the changes in each of the most recent
      >upgrades?

      Short:
      NoteTab v4.91 (released: 26 August 2002)
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
      * Maintenance release (see changes under next main topic).

      NoteTab v4.9 (released: 10 June 2002)
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
      * Seamless support for UltimaShell Autocompletion Server (UAS).
      * New Help files; Clip code now in separate file.
      * Supports both WinHelp and HTML Help.
      * Supports extended File Open/Save dialogs under Win2000/ME/XP.
      * Improved handling of browsers.
      * Customizable menu shortcuts (NoteTab Pro and Std).
      * Now compatible with NTFS 5 Summary Information Properties.
      * Improved Browse Folder dialog box.
      * New Clip commands and functions.
      * See details of changes under next section.

      Long:
      Changes in Version 4.91
      =======================
      * Checkbox controls now support a "+" key press to set a check mark and "-" to uncheck it. This is useful for controlling settings through keyboard utilities.

      * Updated the Clip Assistant with a new item for the "Menu" command, kindly offered by Sheri Pierce.

      * Updated the Help files; ClipCode.chm now uses bookmarked items.

      * Fixed an issue in v4.9 where   substituting blank characters in indented lines when converting from text to HTML.

      * Fixed an issue in v4.9 when using the "View in browser" command with documents on a network drive using the UNC format is (eg: \\network\web\filename.html).

      * Fixed an issue in v4.9 that resulted in some extra random characters getting added at the end of documents when they were saved to certain types of network drives.

      * Fixed a bug that caused loss of data or corruption when saving UTF-8 documents.

      * Other minor changes and fixes.

      Changes in Version 4.9
      ======================
      * NoteTab now works seamlessly with UltimaShell Autocompletion Server (UAS) from FlashPeak. This excellent utility provides smart autocompletion and can learn new words as you type away. It's easy to use and can save a lot of time. A free version of UAS is available to NoteTab users from here:
      http://www.notetab.com/uas.htm

      * The Help file has been split into two documents -- the main Help and Clip programming Help. The index for Clip syntax has been completed and URLs are now clickable.

      * NoteTab now supports for both WinHelp and HTML Help. If it finds the *.chm HTML Help files in its folder, NoteTab uses them instead of the traditional WinHelp files (.hlp).

      * Under Windows 2000, ME, and XP, NoteTab now uses the extended File Open/Save dialogs with the "places" bar.

      * Now integrates a new method for launching Web browsers. It should work better than in previous versions. See Help topic "Options | Internet" for details.

      * You can now change the default keyboard shortcuts for menu items by creating a definition file called Shortcuts.dat in the NoteTab program folder. Place one shortcut reassignment per line. Start the line with the shortcut value, followed by a space, followed by the menu item. The first menu name in the sequence is the one that appears at the top of the main menu, followed by submenu names (if any), and then the name of the final menu item to activate. You must separate submenu items with a forward slash and leave out any ellipsis. You should put double quotes around a menu name if it contains one or more forward slash characters. The case of characters does not have to be the same as the actual menu commands.You can comment out shortcuts by putting a semicolon at the start of the line. Note that this feature is not available in NoteTab Light. Contents example for the Shortcuts.dat file:

      ;This line starts with a semicolon and is ignored by NoteTab
      Ctrl+Shift+F Document/Font/Change Font
      Ctrl+T Document/"Insert Date/Time"

      * During the conversion from text to HTML, multiple spaces are now preserved with the   entity.

      * When saving files on NTFS 5 drives, Summary Information Properties are now preserved when the backups setting is enabled.

      * The Browse Folder dialog box used in various parts of NoteTab has been improved.

      * Added five new Clip functions:

      ^$StrIndent("Str";IndentSize)$
      Returns the Str value with each line indented by IndentSize number of blank characters.

      ^$StrAlign("Str";TextWidth;Alignment[;Pad=False])$
      This function aligns the Str value within a space specified by TextWidth. Alignment values can be Left, Right, or Center. If the Pad parameter is used, a True value adds blank spaces on the right side of Str (if necessary). Examples:
      ^$StrAlign("Test";10;Right)$ -> " Test"
      ^$StrAlign("Test";10;Center;True)$ -> " Test "

      ^$StrAnsiToOem("Str")$
      Returns Str based on ANSI-defined character set converted to OEM.

      ^$StrOemToAnsi("Str")$
      Returns Str based on OEM-defined character set converted to ANSI.

      ^$GetShellFolder(SystemFolder)$
      Returns the path to the specified folder type "SystemFolder". The folder name always ends with a backslash. See below for SystemFolder values and an example of a corresponding path (under Windows 98).

      Desktop --> C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\
      Templates --> C:\WINDOWS\ShellNew\
      AppData --> C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\
      Start Menu --> C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\
      Programs --> C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\
      Startup --> C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\
      Fonts --> C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\
      SendTo --> C:\WINDOWS\SendTo\
      Recent --> C:\WINDOWS\Recent\
      Favorites --> C:\WINDOWS\Favorites\
      NetHood --> C:\WINDOWS\NetHood\
      Personal --> C:\WINDOWS\My Documents\
      Cache --> C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\
      Cookies --> C:\WINDOWS\Cookies\
      History --> C:\WINDOWS\History\
      PrintHood --> C:\WINDOWS\PrintHood\
      Local AppData --> C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\
      My Pictures --> C:\WINDOWS\My Documents\My Pictures\
      Administrative Tools -->
      C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\

      ^$ExpandEnv("Str")$
      This function expands environment-variable strings and replaces them with their defined values. Example (under Windows XP):
      ^$ExpandEnv("%systemroot%")$ -> "C:\WINDOWS"

      Predefined system variables:
      ComputerName
      ComSpec
      HomeDrive
      HomePath
      HomeShare
      LogonServer
      Number_Of_Procesors
      OS
      Os2LibPath
      Path
      PathExt
      Processor_Architecture
      Processor_Identifier
      Processor_Level
      Processor_Revision
      Prompt
      SystemDrive
      SystemRoot
      UserDomain
      UserName
      UserProfile
      WinDir

      * Added ^!Menu command to the Clip language. Use it to activate any enabled command from the main program menu. The first menu name in the sequence is the one that appears at the top of the main menu, followed by submenu names (if any), and then the name of the final menu item to activate. You must separate submenu items with a forward slash and leave out any ellipsis. You should put double quotes around a menu name if it contains one or more forward slash characters. The case of characters does not have to be the same as the actual menu commands. The following example opens the Font dialog box for the active document:
      ^!MENU Document/Font/Change Font

      The example below inserts the date and time from the menu command (notice the use of double quotes):
      ^!MENU Document/"Insert Date/Time"

      * Added ^!SetShortcut command to the Clip language. You can use it to temporarily change keyboard shortcuts for menu items. It takes two parameters, which are separated by a space character. The first parameter represents the shortcut value and the second represents the menu item. Note that this command is not available in NoteTab Light. Examples:
      ^!SetShortcut Ctrl+Shift+F Document/Font/Change Font
      ^!SetShortcut Ctrl+T Document/"Insert Date/Time"

      * Added ^!InsertSelect command to the Clip language. It works just like ^!InsertText but it also selects the inserted text.

      * Added the new pre-defined Clip variable ^%AR_WORD%, which contains the Auto-replace text.

      * The Clip command "^!Select Filename" has been updated to work with long filenames.

      * Improved the ^!Url command with an options parameter to specify a browser similar to the method available in the Options dialog box for the browser fields on the Internet tab. Syntax:
      ^!Url [Browser command] <url>
      The following example will open the URL in Internet Explorer:
      ^!Url [IExplore] www.fookes.com
      or in Mozilla (if you have the browser installed):
      ^!Url [Mozilla] www.fookes.com

      * Fixed an issue with the ^!SaveValue command, which always placed quotes around values. This resulted in numerical and Boolean values being read incorrectly when applied to NoteTab's .ini file settings.

      * Under Windows 2000 and XP, NoteTab Light and Std were often unable to undo certain kinds of edit changes. This has been fixed.

      * Fixed several issues in the RegEx engine.

      * Closing a modified document that is locked by another application displayed an error message, but did not give the opportunity to retry or cancel closing. This is now fixed.

      * Under Windows NT/2000/XP, NoteTab could not save over libraries that had the Hidden attribute set. This has been fixed.

      * Recent versions of NoteTab failed to load binary files that started with a sequence of null characters. This is now fixed.

      * Fixed access violation error when opening UTF-8 files.

      * Fixed a minor issue with incorrect line break character sometimes generated when opening Unicode files.

      * Other minor changes.