Re: [NTO] EN-Exec cordless batteries on Win2K (was Re: [NTB] Wheelmouse)

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2002
      Hi Alec

      >> Logitech puts its files in a folder and one can startup the
      >> configuration file from it (if EMEX_EX.exe, equivalent to MS'
      >> Point32) is not running.

      >when I switched from Win98 to Win2K I seem to have lost the
      >[cordless tab] which shows a low-batteies indicator indicator On
      >Win2K I've got version 9.73.0.0 and on Win98 I'm running version
      >9.42.66 The Mouse properties [Help] says:
      >>>
      >Cordless Tab (Mouse)
      >The Cordless tab of the Mouse Properties allows you to re-
      >establish communication between the mouse and receiver. It also
      >lets you check the battery level of the cordless mouse. Note:
      >This tab appears in Mouse Properties if you have a cordless mouse
      >and receiver attached to your computer.
      ><<
      >
      >I'm using a cordless logitech mouse (on PS2 port - the round one
      >-right?), it works, but I don't show this [Cordless] tab.

      I can only tell you that I agree, the PS2 port is round, the
      small one if I am not mistaken. Most my peripherals are USB now.
      I don't know anything about your batt. indicator. If you have
      not reinstalled the mouse software (assuming you loaded Win2k
      keeping Win98, I'd uninstall it, reboot and let Windows find it.
      If it doesn't work, you might uninstall and use the mouse drivers
      that you had/have for Win98. Maybe the mouse itself is too old
      for Win2k to use all its features. I do know if EMEX.EXE is not
      running you will indeed loose features. It, like Point32,
      extends the mouse capabilities of doing more things.