Adopt an OrphanWare

  • future.com@vsnl.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2002
      Hello Everybody

      This may not be the right mailing list, but still might be some one can
      help me.

      A few years back I downloaded an HTML Editor. It has been written by a
      gentleman from Isarel who has stopped working further on this editor
      because of limited time at his disposal. This is a small editor, which in
      addition to all the standard features of a text editor, also provides :

      1) Custom Syntax Highlighting
      2) Built in project
      3) Built in FTP Support

      AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL

      4) Custom built ADDITIONAL Menu (not Tool) bar. This has look and feel of a
      standard Menu bar complete with heirarchical structure. A programmer can
      customise this additional Menu bar to paste codes in the programme he/she
      is developing. And this is what makes this editor UNIQUE.

      I have been looking for an Editor on the net for a long time which offers
      this feature of a customeised menu bar but never found one. closet that
      comes is NTB but cliptext feature occupies lot of real space on the screen
      and does not support a heirarchical structure making it really difficult to
      reach the right clip if there are large numer of them.

      The Editor is written in Delphi and the author has willingly shared the
      code with me. sad I do not know any thing of Delphi. Charmed by its special
      feature of a custom menu bar today I am looking for a Delphi expert who
      would like to adopt this OrphanWare and carry forward the good work of our
      friend from Isarel.

      I wonder if any of the member of this list would like to adopt this orphan
      programme. I shall also be happy to get the correct email address of
      SorceForge and any list on Delphi where I can send this email.

      Srish Agrawal