Re: [NTO] Unwanted Pop Up Ad

  • alice ttlg
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2002
      Ed wrote:
      > Does anyone know how to find the little bug and get it off the hard drive??
      > The thing pops up while I am looking at my own site which is still being
      > developed. It is http://www.weatherford-tx.org and I know many things are

      gah, it's not something on your hard drive, I opened your site in IE and I got
      THREE popup ad windows PLUS two deceptive spyware popups asking to set some
      other website as my home page and one masquerading as a spyware cleaner! eek.

      It's your counter, RealTracker, that's doing that, all those popup windows and
      spyware, I saved your page to my computer, took out everything except the
      counter and opened it in IE and got three popup windows and the two spyware
      boxes again.

      For free counters that don't do any popup ads or spyware, try sitemeter or
      extreme.

      http://www.sitemeter.com/
      http://www.extreme-dm.com/tracking/?reg

      alice ttlg

      Coda: http://coda.populli.org/
      Idiot Box: http://idiotbox.populli.org/
      --
      Inside I could smell the smoke, hear the rifles, feel the bodies as they dropped
      onto the ground above. Every last one....26th of November 1863. I was here, as
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2002
        Thanks so much. I have used it for several years and it must have just
        started that in the last few months. It is gone. I needed a tracker when I
        was using free hosting. But I have the this very good host now, which is
        only 4.95 per month and they have a tracker that only I can see and in
        several formats so Real Tracker is long gone. Thanks again. I don't think
        you will get anything there now.
        Ed

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9, 2002
          > several formats so Real Tracker is long gone. Thanks again. I don't think
          > you will get anything there now.
          > Ed

          Yes, it looks beautiful now! That's a shame that Real Tracker trashed their
          service like that, probably got quite a few confused users who are wondering
          where all those ads came from.

          alice ttlg

          Coda: http://coda.populli.org/
          Idiot Box: http://idiotbox.populli.org/
          --
          Snowman: "Which way did he go, George, which way did he go?"
        • future.com@vsnl.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2002
            Hello Everybody

            This may not be the right mailing list, but still might be some one can
            help me.

            A few years back I downloaded an HTML Editor. It has been written by a
            gentleman from Isarel who has stopped working further on this editor
            because of limited time at his disposal. This is a small editor, which in
            addition to all the standard features of a text editor, also provides :

            1) Custom Syntax Highlighting
            2) Built in project
            3) Built in FTP Support

            AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL

            4) Custom built ADDITIONAL Menu (not Tool) bar. This has look and feel of a
            standard Menu bar complete with heirarchical structure. A programmer can
            customise this additional Menu bar to paste codes in the programme he/she
            is developing. And this is what makes this editor UNIQUE.

            I have been looking for an Editor on the net for a long time which offers
            this feature of a customeised menu bar but never found one. closet that
            comes is NTB but cliptext feature occupies lot of real space on the screen
            and does not support a heirarchical structure making it really difficult to
            reach the right clip if there are large numer of them.

            The Editor is written in Delphi and the author has willingly shared the
            code with me. sad I do not know any thing of Delphi. Charmed by its special
            feature of a custom menu bar today I am looking for a Delphi expert who
            would like to adopt this OrphanWare and carry forward the good work of our
            friend from Isarel.

            I wonder if any of the member of this list would like to adopt this orphan
            programme. I shall also be happy to get the correct email address of
            SorceForge and any list on Delphi where I can send this email.

            Srish Agrawal