Re: [NTO] Any Japanese/C++ speakers out there?

  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
      There's TextEd with integrated SMTP email but it is very nasty as it takes .txt files and
      automatically turns these into Texted document types and takes them to itself. It does
      restore on uninstall. My solution was to take the Texted type and assign to NoteTab,
      and should/ when this editor goes the effect will be unnoticed. Again it is something I
      copy text and run this program with a clip to paste into it for final edits, like I do with print
      previewing via EditPad.

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
        Hi Hugo,

        > I just downloaded npop101win32_eng.zip and when run I didn't see any
        > Japanese characters.

        They are all in the source files - Well they would be if I had such a
        language installed. What I see is "random" collections of assorted
        "high-ASCII" characters in the comment blocks of the source. A few of these
        random collections might turn out to be helpful if translated.

        > You did download the english version?

        If you can call it English! :-) You have to work out that "Update to
        Marked" means "Send mail for marked for upload" and that messages not sent
        immediately have to have to be marked manually for them to be sent.

        I'm still trying to work out the implications of "Unread messages are moved
        when All Accounts selected". I'm lost with "Under connection, it
        reconnects", but I have cracked "Password is demanded of show window" and
        "Recv mail is closed of reply creation"!

        I just love... "Retrieved it to the last minute. Do you retrieve it again
        at the time of beginning"! Want to have a guess? :-)

        I'm slowly working through exactly what all the *.ini file settings do.
        Getting my preferred font to appear was, indeed, straight forward.

        Greg
      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
          Oops! A trace of Japlish of my own!

          > Marked" means "Send mail for marked for upload"

          Should be "Send mail marked for upload"

          Greg