Any Japanese/C++ speakers out there?

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2002
      Hi Gang!

      I've been looking for a small POP3 mail client to cart around on a floppy.
      I think I've found something with great potential in nPOP
      (http://www.nakka.com/soft/npop/index_eng.html) It's just an 84k download!

      The trouble, at the moment, is that it's rather full of Japlish! I need
      some Japanese and C++ speakers to help me out! (And hopefully the author
      too!)

      nPOP is not without it's idiosyncrasies, some I suspect, because it appears
      that the PC platform was bottom of the support list, after pocket PCs and
      Win-CE.

      The missing feature that really jumps out at me is no facility to Forward
      mail! However, there's lots there, and clearly lots more planned. Glancing
      through the *.ini file and C++ code (only a 372kb ZIP) I can see there are
      plans for external editors (My excuse for posting this on the NoteTab list!)
      and viewers (perhaps implemented already on the non-PC platforms?) etc.

      I have written to the author and am waiting to see if he can understand
      English enough to respond. Fearing that he may not, I have also set up a
      yahoogroup (Join with a mail to
      mailto:npopsupport-subscribe@yahoogroups.com) where, hopefully, someone out
      there can interpret the Japlish for me - and others!

      To tempt you, the nPOP home page lists its features as:

      Receive E-Mail (POP3 and APOP)
      Send Mail (SMTP and SMTP-AUTH and POP before SMTP)
      User specified ports for POP3 and SMTP
      Multi-account support (round reception is possible)
      Automatic check for new mail
      Mail is saved in a message box.
      A thread display of the mail list
      Support for attachments when sending and receiving e-mail (RFC 2231)
      Filters for Routing Received E-Mail
      Simple address book
      Dial-up management

      Anyone care to join me in the support forum?

      Greg