Re: [NTO] K-Meleon 0.7 is out - the browser war continues

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2002
      Lotta:

      Thanks for the heads-up. So far looks very nice. I'm not sure I need
      access to all three of Netscape bookmarks, IE-Favorites and Opera-ADR's
      though ;-)

      I'm not quite sure what you've got against a tabbed interface.

      I think its the bee's knees.

      Is it just (to continue the animal metaphors), horses for courses or is
      there a reason you:
      *turned THAT off ASAP*

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      -------------------------

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2002
        Hi Alec,

        I knew you would bite. :-)

        >Thanks for the heads-up. So far looks very nice. I'm not sure I need
        >access to all three of Netscape bookmarks, IE-Favorites and Opera-ADR's
        >though ;-)

        It's not that - it's that it doesn't have a window for bookmarks but uses
        old Netscape style, just a long list from the menu and you can't choose
        folder when you bookmark a new page. At least I don't think so.

        I found K-Mel last summer and fell in love with it. Then development slowed
        down and it has been more than a year since the last release, 0.6, so I had
        almost given up on it.

        There are some other things that don't work yet, like you can't shift-click
        for a new window and it doesn't show visited link color. The latter can be
        fixed but if you do don't follow the instructions at the site. They haven't
        been updated and this version needs newer DLL files. Or rather follow the
        instructions but take the DLLs from Moz 1.2b. If you don't have it, just
        holler if you want me to send the DLLs.

        >I'm not quite sure what you've got against a tabbed interface.

        He-he! I don't have anything against tabs per se but I don't like them in a
        browser.They take too much room. I like IE's interface because I can shove
        all bars together on one row and keep the buttons small. If I have several
        windows open I like to have them differently sized and "free" so I can move
        them around. Yup! ;-)

        Lotta
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2002
          Lotta:

          >> I'm not quite sure what you've got against a tabbed interface.
          >
          > He-he! I don't have anything against tabs per se but I don't like
          > them in a browser.They take too much room. I like IE's interface
          > because I can shove all bars together on one row and keep the buttons
          > small. If I have several windows open I like to have them
          > differently sized and "free" so I can move them around. Yup! ;-)

          MyIE2 would be perfect in that respect when run in [Maximize] mode, if
          there were a way to specify when showing the sub (MIDI) windows in
          floating mode that new windows be started in a particular
          size-and-position pattern.rather all be started in a "too small" mode so
          that each has to be manually resized - I live in hope ;-)

          > I knew you would bite. :-)
          I'm getting too predictable :-)

          Regards ... Alec
          --

          loro wrote (Fri, 01-Nov-2002 13:39 [GMT-0500]): .... <snip>