Re: [Clip] Variable vs Fixed fonts

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2002
      Hi Graham,

      (I posted this over on the Off Topic list in case you want to
      reply to it. Please leave this list open for the discussion of
      Clips. Thanks!)

      >Perhaps you are simply too close to the situation, and can't
      >see the wood for the trees.

      No, you are failing to see the situation. NoteTab Pro and
      NoteTab Std are two separate programs. One is not an image of
      the other with features added to or taken away from it. The
      fonts is not the only difference. There are also tab settings
      that are in Std/Light that are not in Pro. One can drag and drop
      text from one of the Second Windows to the other in Std/Light,
      but not in Pro. Selecting text via mouse clicks is, well, some
      would consider better in Std/Light than Pro just like the drag
      drop mentioned above.

      All those deal with the input control that I and others have
      already mentioned. You make it sound like we purposely wanted to
      cheat you or something. What purpose or gain could we possibly
      have by taking something away; it doesn't even make any sense.
      We love to have all the features available in Pro and Std, but
      the input control does not allow it. Yes, we are getting ready
      to change that. In v5 we will be using the same input control in
      all versions of NoteTab so this will not be an issue.
      (Personally, I think I'd rather stick with the one we have for
      Pro now, because we will loose a tiny bit of speed going with the
      new one. ;)

      >So give me a straight answer to this question, Jody. If you
      >found yourself in the kind of situation I just described, how
      >would you feel? Would you feel that you had been conned, or
      >would you feel that it is perfectly acceptable for a company to
      >promote its product by such methods?

      You are talking apples and oranges. The scenario you give is
      not the same as what is going on with Pro/Std.