Re: [NTO] CD labels and CD Writers

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 18, 2002
      Hi Marcus and Others,

      >I have Nero too, so I wouldn't have to buy any software. Where do
      >you buy your unbranded CDs and labels?

      If somebody knows for sure that a certain software to burn write
      to a CD Writer has like projects/favorites so that I can reuse
      all the files, CD icon (like efookes.ico or notetab.ico) so that
      it shows up on the CD when used, is XP compatible and also
      freeware please let me know. (Lloyd, I have not have time for
      your suggested program;) In other works, I burn CDs often for
      like a NoteTab Pro, MailBag Assistant, etc. and need to have it
      remember the settings just by clicking on the certain "template"
      for a lack of better words. I used one that was sold to HP I
      guess, but when XP came out they wanted too much to upgrade.
      Last I checked, HP's software for CD writing did not have the
      project feature I am speaking of for XP - it would burn, but that
      is it.

      Lloyd wrote:
      The URL for My Own Backup is >>>
      http://home4.swipnet.se/~w-42000/MOB/

      >Still looking for a good price somewhere in Europe. I looked at
      >surething's sites in the UK and France, but they do not stock CDs.

      Look to see if they have a www.labelgear.com (LG) over there.
      That is the actual domain that SureThing uses to sale their
      supplies under.

      The rest of this is for others (unless you can go via above.) I
      just ordered 100 labels and 100 silver on silver 800MB x12 (?)
      CD-Rs for about $65.00 on sale which included UPS second day for
      $16.00+. They were on sale. LG also has a program for 5% to
      join and up to 15% off if you sign up for their "frequent buyer"
      program. Sales are often, so in the long run they are not as
      expensive as they may look, and they beat out Neato this time
      around. If it all more expensive than them, it is only just a
      few bucks. You just need to remember to order early and not till
      you run out like me and have to go next or 2nd day delivery. ;)

      Now, Marcus, I still refer you to www.pricewatch.com, (especially
      if they have an European flavor), to search for the criteria I
      gave already. Add Italy, Europe, Germany, France, overseas, etc.
      to your searches.