Windows Setup Gone

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11 12:12 PM
      I tried to make a Windows ME start up disk this AM. It would not work, so I
      checked Windows Setup tab and there is absolutely nothing under that tab.
      Zero, Zilch, Nada. Yet the computer is working or at least it seems to be
      working OK. Anyone got any ideas on why the startup disk program is missing
      and where did Windows Setup go with it. Thanks
      Ed
    • Marcus
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11 8:24 PM
        > I tried to make a Windows ME start up disk this AM. It would
        > not work, so I checked Windows Setup tab and there is
        > absolutely nothing under that tab. Zero, Zilch, Nada. Yet the
        > computer is working or at least it seems to be working OK.
        > Anyone got any ideas on why the startup disk program is
        > missing and where did Windows Setup go with it. Thanks

        Check the MS knowledge base.

        I guess you know that you can still use ye olde DOS prompt to
        create a startup disk?

        format /s a:

        or something similar.

        Marcus