Safe to Delete?

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2002
      Hi Group,

      I just noticed a folder on my computer called "Windows Update Setup Files".
      It contains 12 megabytes in 27 files. Most of the files have the .CAB
      extension. Five files are named IE_Sn.CAB (where n goes from 1 to 5).

      Another of the files is called "This folder is safe to delete.txt". The
      contents of this file are as follows:

      "This folder contains the information needed to install Internet Explorer 5.5.
      Once Internet Explorer 5.5 is installed and functioning properly on your
      system, you may delete this folder to free up disk space. If you delete this
      folder but later want to reinstall the product, you will need to download it
      again from the web site."

      The date on the folder is 12/17/2001. About six months ago, I downloaded IE
      6.0, and have been using it ever since.

      Is anyone familiar with this folder? Is it actually safe to delete this
      folder?

      Thanks for the help.

      Ray Shapp
      Watchung, NJ