Yahoo problems

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 25, 2002
      I have used Yahoo mail as a secondary mail source when my outlook express is
      down at my ISP. Now I am getting a popup window everytime I go to the
      internet that says: "There is an update to the Yahoo Companion. It will
      take a few seconds to install. Would you like to update now? Yes No "
      and I always check no, I do not use Yahoo Companion, not even sure what it
      is. But it looks like they are going to force me to update it because it is
      getting so exasperating to continually be hit with this popup. And how do I
      remove Yahoo Companion? Thanks for your help.
      Ed
      I look this way because I've traveled a long way and some of the
      roads weren't paved.
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 30, 2002
        Hi Alice and Others,

        >> Mozilla
        >> Netscape

        Where is the feature to turn off the splash screen in Mozilla?

        Do the Tabs work in the sidebar?

        I have everything checked for tabs, but don't see any when I try
        to load multiple pages?

        >Btw, while Mozilla has the options to prevent all unrequested
        >popups (all those nasty ad popups), I've been told that Netscape
        >7 does not have that feature, seems that AOL (which owns
        >Netscape) favors advertisers over users.

        Don't get me started with AOL...