Re: [NTO] maillist.htm

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2002
      Hi Alec,

      > > ... or for the others ...
      > > http://www.notetab.net/html/maillist.htm
      >
      >Is this a new page? I don't recall seeing it before.

      It's about a year old I guess, or a bit more. I haven't used it
      much, because it took me a long time to get it in my Back Library
      (^!PasteClips) and way too long to be typing in. ;)

      >I know you've been doing a lot of work recently on www.notetab.net

      A bit, but more on another new site which I go\ot sidetracked again...

      >A suggestion (if feasible): if you could figure out an easy way
      >to add to this page or link from it the stats box that shows
      >posts by month for each of the Notetab related lists it would
      >give new subscribers a chance to see what they can expect in the
      >way of volumes and give a more visible picture of how the various
      >lists interact.

      It is probably just a matter of putting the link in the Welcome
      Letter that nobody reads. ;) I could add the link in the main
      listing. We can only add text in the main listing,
      headers/footings, Welcome Letter, and that is about it. Maybe
      I'll play around with a "Poll" someday to see what is up with that.

    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
        Jody:
        What I had in mind and it might not work anyway cause it assumes
        "newbies" know how to (and their e-mail client supports it - does AOL?)
        click a link is that you change your sig line to include:

        >> To SUBSCRIBE (or unsubscribe ;-( ) from this or other
        Notetab related discussion groups see:
        http://www.notetab.net/html/maillist.htm <<

        then on that site (below each's link you copy the activity by month-year
        graph that Yahoo-groups puts at the foot of each groups "home" page.

        If it could be dynamically updated so it always reflects the up-to the
        minute count of posts this month that would be great, but even if it
        only reflects (say) up to last month's activity with "???" where the
        current month would go I think it would be useful.

        I uploaded a sample (it works great but I didn't upload the the bits and
        pieces) that do the coloring etc. - on my system in my IE6 browser it
        looks perfect.

        (Not half-bad for someone who doesn't know any HTML - I'm not sure I
        could have done it Notetab but it sure is easy with Dreamweaver ;-)

        I put in the current table from Ntb-Clips - see:
        %20Lists.htm

        Note: Julie (?) / Jody: I would have put the page in OffTopic files but
        I guess that didn't get enabled when you did the others at Sherri's
        instigation ;)

        Jody - others: a challenge :-) write a notetab clip that runs every day
        and updates the five or six required tables with the current tables
        available froon the yahoo home pages.

        Regards ... Alec

        >> Is this a new page? I don't recall seeing it before.
        >
        > It's about a year old I guess, or a bit more. I haven't used
        > it much, because it took me a long time to get it in my Back
        > Library (^!PasteClips) and way too long to be typing in. ;)
        >
        >> I know you've been doing a lot of work recently on
        >> www.notetab.net
        >
        > A bit, but more on another new site which I go\ot sidetracked
        > again...
        >
        >> A suggestion (if feasible): if you could figure out an easy
        >> way to add to this page or link from it the stats box that
        >> shows posts by month for each of the Notetab related lists it
        >> would give new subscribers a chance to see what they can
        >> expect in the way of volumes and give a more visible picture
        >> of how the various lists interact.
        >
        > It is probably just a matter of putting the link in the Welcome
        > Letter that nobody reads. ;) I could add the link in the main
        > listing. We can only add text in the main listing,
        > headers/footings, Welcome Letter, and that is about it. Maybe
        > I'll play around with a "Poll" someday to see what is up with
        > that.
        >
        > Happy Topics,
        > Jody
        >
        > The NoteTab Off-Topic List
        > mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        > ---------------------~--> Looking for a more powerful website?
        > Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month. Register your domain name
        > (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
        > http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/aHOo4D/KJoEAA/MVfIAA/dkFolB/TM
      • Julie
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
          Hi Alec,

          >Note: Julie (?) / Jody: I would have put the page in OffTopic files but
          >I guess that didn't get enabled when you did the others at Sherri's
          >instigation ;)

          You can now :-)!

          Julie