maillist.htm

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2002
      Jody:

      > I'll comment on the rest of the post on the ntb-NextRelease list.
      > I think you are on it, but others can sign up from my sig-line.
      > ... or for the others ...
      > http://www.notetab.net/html/maillist.htm

      Is this a new page? I don't recall seeing it before.

      I know you've been doing a lot of work recently on www.notetab.net

      Coincidentally I was cleaning out some of the dreck in my Yahoo-mailing
      lists a couple of days ago and eliminated :
      >>The Fookes Software Next Release List: Discussion of Betas, Bugs,
      and...
      Send an empty post to: fs-NextRelease-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      <<
      because checking the Yahoo front-page it didn't look like it was active
      any more.

      A suggestion (if feasible): if you could figure out an easy way to add
      to this page or link from it the stats box that shows posts by month for
      each of the Notetab related lists it would give new subscribers a chance
      to see what they can expect in the way of volumes and give a more
      visible picture of how the various lists interact.

      Regards ... Alec
        >Is this a new page? I don't recall seeing it before.

        It's about a year old I guess, or a bit more. I haven't used it
        much, because it took me a long time to get it in my Back Library
        (^!PasteClips) and way too long to be typing in. ;)

        >I know you've been doing a lot of work recently on www.notetab.net

        A bit, but more on another new site which I go\ot sidetracked again...

        >A suggestion (if feasible): if you could figure out an easy way
        >to add to this page or link from it the stats box that shows
        >posts by month for each of the Notetab related lists it would
        >give new subscribers a chance to see what they can expect in the
        >way of volumes and give a more visible picture of how the various
        >lists interact.

        It is probably just a matter of putting the link in the Welcome
        Letter that nobody reads. ;) I could add the link in the main
        listing. We can only add text in the main listing,
        headers/footings, Welcome Letter, and that is about it. Maybe
        I'll play around with a "Poll" someday to see what is up with that.

      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
          Jody:
          What I had in mind and it might not work anyway cause it assumes
          "newbies" know how to (and their e-mail client supports it - does AOL?)
          click a link is that you change your sig line to include:

          >> To SUBSCRIBE (or unsubscribe ;-( ) from this or other
          Notetab related discussion groups see:
          http://www.notetab.net/html/maillist.htm <<

          then on that site (below each's link you copy the activity by month-year
          graph that Yahoo-groups puts at the foot of each groups "home" page.

          If it could be dynamically updated so it always reflects the up-to the
          minute count of posts this month that would be great, but even if it
          only reflects (say) up to last month's activity with "???" where the
          current month would go I think it would be useful.

          I uploaded a sample (it works great but I didn't upload the the bits and
          pieces) that do the coloring etc. - on my system in my IE6 browser it
          looks perfect.

          (Not half-bad for someone who doesn't know any HTML - I'm not sure I
          could have done it Notetab but it sure is easy with Dreamweaver ;-)

          I put in the current table from Ntb-Clips - see:
          %20Lists.htm

          Note: Julie (?) / Jody: I would have put the page in OffTopic files but
          I guess that didn't get enabled when you did the others at Sherri's
          instigation ;)

          Jody - others: a challenge :-) write a notetab clip that runs every day
          and updates the five or six required tables with the current tables
          available froon the yahoo home pages.

          Regards ... Alec

          >> Is this a new page? I don't recall seeing it before.
          >
          > It's about a year old I guess, or a bit more. I haven't used
          > it much, because it took me a long time to get it in my Back
          > Library (^!PasteClips) and way too long to be typing in. ;)
          >
          >> I know you've been doing a lot of work recently on
          >> www.notetab.net
          >
          > A bit, but more on another new site which I go\ot sidetracked
          > again...
          >
          >> A suggestion (if feasible): if you could figure out an easy
          >> way to add to this page or link from it the stats box that
          >> shows posts by month for each of the Notetab related lists it
          >> would give new subscribers a chance to see what they can
          >> expect in the way of volumes and give a more visible picture
          >> of how the various lists interact.
          >
          > It is probably just a matter of putting the link in the Welcome
          > Letter that nobody reads. ;) I could add the link in the main
          > listing. We can only add text in the main listing,
          > headers/footings, Welcome Letter, and that is about it. Maybe
          > I'll play around with a "Poll" someday to see what is up with
          > that.
          >
          > Happy Topics,
          > Jody
          >
          > The NoteTab Off-Topic List
          > mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          > ---------------------~--> Looking for a more powerful website?
          > Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month. Register your domain name
          > (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
          > http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/aHOo4D/KJoEAA/MVfIAA/dkFolB/TM
        • Julie
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
            Hi Alec,

            >Note: Julie (?) / Jody: I would have put the page in OffTopic files but
            >I guess that didn't get enabled when you did the others at Sherri's
            >instigation ;)

            You can now :-)!

            Julie