Workable anti spam?

  • DA
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2002
      Hi,

      I received this in a newsletter. I never heard of it before.
      Does anyone think this is workable?

      I think it will be hard to get the widespread use that it probably will need.

      DA

      > ITEM: As *spam* continues its illiterate intrusion into intelligent intercourse,
      > attorney Anne Mitchell, former legal affairs director for Mail Abuse Prevention
      > System, has come up with a clever counter punch. By hiding a short but copyrighted
      > poem in email, Habeas (http://www.habeas.com) will guarantee the email is _not_ spam.
      > Spammers who embed the copyrighted text in their emails will be aggressively sued for
      > copyright infringement, according to Mitchell. Habeas will seek penalties of $1
      > million plus for copyright and trademark violation and help shut down offenders'
      > businesses through legal injunctions. Dunn & Bradstreet have been retained as
      > Habeas' collection agency.
    • Christine
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 25, 2002
        I sure see SPAM when it hits ME in the face.
        That entire post you received IS SPAM, along with it being a dumb hoax to
        earn themselves money.
        Passing it along makes it even worse.
        <Grrrrr> I hate SPAMmers.
        I'm receiving over 120 a week. I love SPAM Cop. <evil grimace>

        Christine