Re: [NTO] Extracting cab file contents

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2002
      > Alec Burgess wrote:

      > > hsavage:
      > >
      > > Now comes the hard, time consuming part, finding which cab file has
      > >
      > > your
      > >
      > > needed file in it. Extract is not a very friendly utility and it is a
      > > difficult and time consuming process to find which cab has the needed
      > > file in it.
      > >
      > > With a lot of research, or better, being forearmed with a list of the
      > > cabs and their contents it is very easy to extract a single file or an
      > > entire cab.

      > Do you happen to know of a freeware utility that will allow me to
      > generate a list of my Options\Cabs that includes all files including the
      > ones that are with Cab files?
      >
      > Regards ... Alec

      Hi again Alec,

      As I said previously, I don't know of a utility that will do the job for
      you but, you started me thinking.

      I said to myself, Shouldn't NoteTab do this?, and I said yes, I think it
      should.

      So, here is a resulting clip to list any, or all, cabs and their contents.

      It has a few long lines so I reformatted it to eliminate that problem,
      all you have to do ii, de-format it.

      You may have to alter the last line if your version of Extract.exe
      produces a different header than mine does.

      I'm also shipping this over to the clips list.

      hrs

      H="ECW_RESTORE"
      ; ***IMPORTANT***
      ; SIMPLEST METHOD
      ;
      ; COPY BOTH THESE
      ; CLIPS TO A BLANK DOC.
      ;
      ; CUT THIS FIRST CLIP TO THE CLIPBOARD,
      ; ADD/PASTE IT INTO ANY CLIPBOOK!
      ;
      ; SELECT TEXT AND
      ; RUN THIS CLIP ON THE REMAINING
      ; TEXT TO DE-FORMAT IT!;
      ;
      ; THEN, PASTE EXPANDED CLIP INTO YOUR CLIPBOOK;
      ;
      ^!Clearvariables
      ^!SetWordwrap 0
      ^!SetScreenUpdate 0
      ^!Menu Modify/E-Mail/UnQuote Text
      ^!Replace "^p" >> "" TIWHSA
      ^!Replace "ºtº" >> "^t" TIWHSA
      ^!Replace "ºsº" >> " " TIWHSA
      ^!Replace "ºrº" >> "^p" TIWHSA
      ^!Replace "º^º" >> "^" TIWHSA

      H="CABºsºFILEºsºCONTENTS"ºrºº^º!Clearvariablesºrºº
      ^º!SetWizardTitleºsºCABºsºFILEºsºCONTENTSºrºº^º!Se
      tWizardLabelºsºPICKºsºCABºsºPATHºsº-ºsºSHOWºsºSELE
      CTED?...ºrºº^º!Setºsº%CabPath%=º^º?{(t=d)PICKºsºCA
      BFILEºsºPATH...=º^º$GetWinPath$options\cabs};ºsº%s
      elect%=º^º?{SHOWºsºFILEºsºSELECTºsºSTATE?==SELECTE
      Dº^º=_|_NOTºsºSELECTEDº^º=º^º%EMPTY%}ºrº;ºrºº^º!Se
      tListDelimiterºsº|º^º%select%ºrºº^º!Setºsº%FileLis
      t%=º^º$GetFiles("º^º%CabPath%";*.cab;;NAME)$ºrºº^º
      !Setºsº%FileList%=º^º$StrReplace("º^º%CabPath%";º^
      º%EMPTY%;º^º%FileList%;0;0)$ºrºº^º!Setºsº%FileList
      %=º^º?{(H=32;T=A)ºsºCabFiles=º^º%select%º^º%fileli
      st%}ºrºº^º!IfCancelºsºENDºrºº^º!MenuºsºFile/Newºrº
      º^º!RenameDocºsº"CabºsºContents.txt"ºrº;ºrºº^º!Set
      Arrayºsº%FileList%=º^º%FileList%ºrºº^º!Ifºsºº^º%Fi
      leList%=º^º%EMPTY%ºsºENDºrºº^º!Setºsº%Count%=º^º%F
      ileList0%;ºsº%Index%=0ºrº:NEXTTASKºrºº^º!Incºsº%In
      dex%ºrºº^º!Ifºsºº^º%Index%ºsº>ºsºº^º%Count%ºsºENDº
      rº:EDIT_FILESºrºº^º$GetDosOutput(extractºsº/dºsºº^
      º%CabPath%º^º%FileListº^º%Index%%ºsº*.*)$ºrºº^º!Go
      toºsºNextTaskºrº:ENDºrºº^º!Replaceºsº"Microsoftºsº
      (R)ºsºCabinetºsºExtractionºsºToolºsº-ºsºVersionºsº
      (16)ºsº1.00.603.0ºsº(08/14/97)º^ºpCopyrightºsº(c)º
      sºMicrosoftºsºCorpºsº1994-1997.ºsºAllºsºrightsºsºr
      eserved."ºsº>>ºsº""ºsºtIWSAºrº