Re: [NTO] Linux installation Woes

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2002
      Ed,

      You have 3 or 4 things here that need to be dealt with one at a time.

      I can help you fix it but the first thing I need to know before I can give you the best approach is which version of Windows are you running?

      Feel free to email me direct and we won't have to burden the list with a ton of emails.

      Regards,

      Jim

      jehall@...

      At 10:17 AM 8/10/2002 -0500, you wrote:
      >Does anyone know if it is possible and how do I get rid of this Linux
      >installation and return to my Windows Operating System? without formatting
      >my hard drive and having to reinstall everything. I did a data back up, but
      >with 3 gigs of programs to re-install, this can take hours, (days?)
      >(weeks?) to get things back into working order. And I am not sure if I
      >will be able to get NoteTab Pro back again. There was something that I had
      >to do in order to reload NoteTab Pro and it was saved in my e-mail that I
      >can not read now.
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2002
        You can try "fdisk /mbr" with no quotes at a DOS prompt. What it does is
        rebuild the Master Boot Record (mbr). It will not hurt anything. Linux
        bootloaders tend to mess with the MBR, this should work.

        Larry

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 18, 2002
          Thanks Larry and everyone who has workedand helped me with this problem, I
          now have back everything that was not corrupted by LInux and removed as
          fragments by Scandisk. Again, thanks to all help that was received on this
          list. It was and is greatly appreciated.
          Ed
          Ed