System Monitor

  • Len
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2002
      Hello All;

      There has been a number or instances where system resources
      are believed to have caused NoteTab problems.
      There are several free programs to monitor system resources
      and/or free system resources both at http://www.nonags.com
      and http://www.tudogs.com

      I know most readers will be familiar with the System Monitor
      but I've included it for those who may not have used it.

      My solution to this has been to use the MS System Monitor.
      Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Monitor.
      I have a shortcut in the Startup folder.
      I setup the System Monitor display as follows:

      Edit>Add Item>Kernel>Processor Usage%
      >Memory Manager>Unused Physical Memory
      >Dial-up Adapter>Bytes Transmitted/Second
      >Dial-up Adapter>Bytes Received/Second

      Then set the chart scales as follows:

      Edit>Edit Item>Kernel;Processor Usage%>Fixed=100
      >Mem. Mgr.;Unused Phys. Mem.>Fixed=268435456 (256MB)
      >Dial-up Adapter;Bytes Transmitted/Second>Fixed=6667
      >Dial-up Adapter;Bytes Received/Second>Fixed=6667

      Set the window size to normal
      Set View>Line Charts
      >Always on top
      >Hide Title Bar

      Then squeeze the display as small as practical.

      Best Wishes, Len