Problems opening WordPerfect 6.1

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2002
      I am having a computer problem. All my programs load except one. Wordperfect 6.1 will not load, it tells me that I do not have enough local memory. Yet I have much larger programs that load up just fine. WP 7.0 Office Suite opens ok as does WP 10.0. I have a huge program that is much larger and it opens fine.

      I did have a power loss, that caused WP 6.1 to become corrupted as well as the data that I was writing to it. I removed the program and re-installed WP 6.1 and now I get the message "not enough local memory to open this program." I ran scan disk before I re-installed WP 6.1 and it told me that it had repaired some hard drive problems and it said that I have no disk problems now, but that did not help. Has anyone got any idea what may be wrong. Since I can open other WP programs but not the last one that Novell put out which was WP 6.1 and I have removed it and reinstalled it seveal times always with the same result.
      Thanks
      Ed