[NTO] Re: AppBar

  • Julie G
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 1 11:44 AM
      At 12:25 PM 02/01/2000 , Carl Swann wrote:

      >> http://home.att.net/~mytestbed/zip/appbar.zip (35.9kb)

      Hey thanks! That's a neat little program :-). Not too bad to set up when I
      go into the folder view of Start | Programs and click on Properties for
      the paths. I figure I'm about halfway done....... I've already deleted the
      icons off of the Win98 QuickLaunch toolbar. What a way to spend the first
      afternoon my kids have been back in school for a week <G>.

      Maybe I won't go 'nomail' right away on this list <G>.

      Julie in MD
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 1 11:47 AM
        Hey, that sound good. Can anyone send it to me, please?

        PBrowse
        If anyone is interested I have a small (107Kb zipped) freeware, PBrowse, that is very usefull for keeping track of your images. Run it in any folder containing images and it will create a HTML file listing all gifs and jpgs in that folder for easy viewing. It will print img names but not, I'm sorry to say, sizes, under the pics. It's in swedish but there is only to buttons...Good thing to have when your lazy and have a short memory. Want it? Send me a mail.

        Lotta
      • Raymond Fitzgerald
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 1 12:21 PM
          Hi Lotta,

          >Hey, that sound good. Can anyone send it to me, please?

          This is from Jody:
          http://home.att.net/~mytestbed/zip/appbar.zip (35.9kb)

          >If anyone is interested I have a small (107Kb zipped) freeware, PBrowse,
          that is very usefull for keeping track of your images. Run it in any folder
          containing images and it will create a HTML file listing all gifs and jpgs
          in that folder for easy viewing. It will print img names but not, I'm sorry
          to say, sizes, under the pics.

          Now that you've got NoteTab, it's time to wean you from some of the others!
          ;-) Go to the built-in Utilities clip library and run the "Images to HTML"
          clip. Does everything you described plus image sizes. And of course being a
          clip, you can modify it to suit your own requirements. Eric's actually got
          two programs that also do this--the older freeware HTML Imager and the brand
          new Album Express!

          Let us know how ya like it!

          Cheers,
          Ray
        • Carl Swann
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 1 12:27 PM
            Julie G wrote:

            > At 12:25 PM 02/01/2000 , Carl Swann wrote:
            >
            > >> http://home.att.net/~mytestbed/zip/appbar.zip (35.9kb)
            >
            > Hey thanks! That's a neat little program :-).

            Glad you like it!

            > Not too bad to set up when I
            > go into the folder view of Start | Programs and click on Properties for
            > the paths.

            An easier way is to get CopyPath, a freeware utility that adds "Copy
            Path" to your right-click menu; when you right click a file, it copies
            the full path of that file to the Clipboard. Once CopyPath is
            installed, you can locate the program file of each program you want to
            add to AppBar (either via Explorer or the Browse button in the AppBar
            config) and then right click it to choose CopyPath. Then go back to
            the AppBar config and paste it in the window. Voila - the full path
            for AppBar to read! CopyPath is a very useful utility... here's the
            download link:

            http://www.fullvb.de/soft/data/copypath.exe

            oOOo-(_)-oOOo
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 1 2:13 PM
              Hi Lotta,

              >Hey, that sound good. Can anyone send it to me, please?

              http://home.att.net/~mytestbed/zip/appbar.zip (35.9kb)

              >If anyone is interested I have a small (107Kb zipped) freeware,
              >PBrowse,

              Have you tried Eric's HTML Imager v1.2a - freeware:

              http://www.fookes.com/
              http://www.fookes.com/software
              http://www.fookes.com/software/html-img.htm
              http://209.238.49.160/software/htmimg32.zip (209kb)

              Or the Shareware version, Album Express 2.0:

              http://www.fookes.com/album/index.html

              >It's in swedish but there is only to buttons...Good thing to have
              >when your lazy and have a short memory. Want it? Send me a mail.

              Sure, mailto:kjb1611@... or just upload it somewhere. tanX!

              Two buttons shouldn't be hard to figure out even for this ignernt
              hillbilly. ;)

              Happy Camper,
              Jody Adair
              Prov. 15:15

              Clean-Funnies
              mailto:CF@...?Subject=subscribe
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 1 2:43 PM
                Hi Carl & Julie,

                > CopyPath is a very useful utility... here's the download link:
                >
                > http://www.fullvb.de/soft/data/copypath.exe

                That's another goodie I use all the time, seems about daily. I
                almost forget it is not Windows. :)

                It will copy the paths of a whole directory too if you want or
                just some selected files.

                Here is the actual site, but it is in German. I did not see an
                English button:

                http://www.fullaccess.de/

                Julie,

                You mentioned going to Properties, etc. AppBar has a Find
                (browse) button to go the the app itself to add it. It always
                opens in the C:\ drive though so you need to use the pulldown to
                switch to another drive.

                1. Left click to focus and then right click over AppBar
                2. Choose Edit menu ...
                3. Click on a menu on left or add one, New Menu (double
                click to edit menu)
                4. Click on New App
                5. Click on Find.

                Bye for now,
                Jody Adair
                Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
                http://www.sureword.com/notetab
              • Julie G
                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 1 5:18 PM
                  At 05:43 PM 02/01/2000 , Jody wrote:

                  > > CopyPath
                  > >
                  > > http://www.fullvb.de/soft/data/copypath.exe

                  >You mentioned going to Properties, etc. AppBar has a Find
                  >(browse) button to go the the app itself to add it. It always
                  >opens in the C:\ drive though so you need to use the pulldown to
                  >switch to another drive.
                  >
                  >1. Left click to focus and then right click over AppBar
                  >2. Choose Edit menu ...
                  >3. Click on a menu on left or add one, New Menu (double
                  > click to edit menu)
                  >4. Click on New App
                  >5. Click on Find.

                  Thanks Jody... Since Windows so kindly puts everything in the Programs menu
                  upon installation, I always group the apps to my liking (although I have
                  clips to most everything I use all the time!). Browsing to the executable
                  seemed more tedious then alt-enter'ing on the shortcut in the Program menu.
                  I found that by adding programs from the properties in the Programs...
                  folder, the path is already highlighted, I can copy and paste the path,
                  and then the file name, and all the programs are all ready grouped the way
                  I like 'em, so it's minimal fuss to organize (for me at least). CopyPath
                  was very helpful for the smaller programs that weren't in the Programs...
                  folder. Had a hard time trying to figure out what the readme file was
                  saying though ;-). I then took all my Captor group clips from NoteTab and
                  put them in their own file menu.

                  Julie
                • Julie G
                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 1 7:59 PM
                    At 08:18 PM 02/01/2000 , Julie G wrote:

                    >saying though ;-). I then took all my Captor group clips from NoteTab and
                    >put them in their own file menu.

                    That didn't seem to work :-(. AppBar only seems to like exe's I'm
                    assuming? Is there a work around, or should I just use the clips I've
                    created in NTP?

                    Julie
                  • Harvey R. Savage
                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 1 8:30 PM
                      Hi Julie G,

                      I downloaded and started using AppBar. Its use is not limited to .exe
                      files. I added a file - hrs.rtl - as an entry in appbar, it works
                      great. You probably need to make sure, whatever the extension, it is
                      associated with the appropriate executable, ie, add a .txt file to the
                      menu and it will start NotePro with that file opened when you select
                      that choice.

                      hrs

                      --
                      ¿? Harvey R. Savage
                      ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
                      Message 10 of 24 , Feb 1 8:55 PM
                        Hi Julie,

                        > saying though ;-). I then took all my Captor group clips from
                        > NoteTab and put them in their own file menu.
                        >
                        > That didn't seem to work :-(. AppBar only seems to like exe's
                        > I'm assuming? Is there a work around, or should I just use the
                        > clips I've created in NTP?

                        I have never made any NetCaptor Clips, unless you are talking
                        about Clips in NoteTab you are trying to use on it. Then in the
                        new beta you could add the shortcut to Notetab something like
                        (from memory):

                        C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe /L=LibraryName:ClipName

                        If you are talking about something in NetCaptor, perhaps you
                        could rename the file with an .exe extension and the once you get
                        it into NetCaptor rename it to what it needs to be.

                        cya,
                        jody

                        Weather Reports:
                        http://www.wunderground.com/US/FL/Milton.html
                        Sojourners King James Bible Page
                        Message 11 of 24 , Feb 2 7:09 AM
                          At 11:30 PM 02/01/2000 , you wrote:

                          >I downloaded and started using AppBar. Its use is not limited to .exe
                          >files. I added a file - hrs.rtl - as an entry in appbar, it works
                          >great. You probably need to make sure, whatever the extension, it is
                          >associated with the appropriate executable, ie, add a .txt file to the
                          >menu and it will start NotePro with that file opened when you select
                          >that choice.

                          The association is there... I don't what the difference is between last
                          night and this morning, except for it being a new day, but they're opening
                          just fine now. ??

                          Julie
                        • Carl Swann
                          Message 12 of 24 , Feb 2 7:16 AM
                            Julie G wrote:

                            > The association is there... I don't what the difference is between last
                            > night and this morning, except for it being a new day, but they're opening
                            > just fine now. ??

                            I often find I do better after a good night's rest, too... ;-)

                            Glad the program is working for you.

                            oOOo-(_)-oOOo